Lily's No Fail Party Sangria

Bishop

Lily's No-fail Party Sangria.

2 Bottles White or Pink Wine (something on the sweet side)

1 Bottle Red (merlot is the best in my opinion for this)

1 Cup Sugar

Sprite

4-5 Oranges

5-6 Apples

1 Container of Strawberries

The night before serving cut up fruit, mix wine, add sugar. Gently squeeze the fruit before putting it in to make sure that you open the pores in the skin and help the wine soak in the fruit. Refrigerate and stir with a wooden spoon (Important I promise) every now and then. Let it set overnight.

20 minutes before your guests arrive, fill your container the rest of the way with the sprite and stir well. (Rum can be included but trust me it won't be needed) Sometimes I'll add ice too, to help it stay cool, but the fruit inside acts as ice well enough on its own.

Notes: Wine doesn't have to be expensive, by the time the sugar and other treats get mixed in those little 4.00 aldi wines work just fine. Also it is important to slice your strawberries from stem to bottom that way the pores open. I will take a few of the oranges and cut them in 4s so that I can squeeze them in, but still throw in that skin. The rest of the oranges I'll cut in circles just to be pretty and "look" nice, but still gently squeeze them so the vessels break enough so they can soak up the goods.

Please also note that this is for a double pitcher, to fill just one pitcher cut the recipe in half. So half bottle red, one bottle white, half cup of sugar, ect ect. I have a huge Italian family so we normally double it up, but it stays great all night!

Have fun!

• Love 1

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic