My fave Crepe recipe

Dusty

This recipe calls it pancakes; however, they are thin and most likely referred top as crepes.

This recipe is for the basic batter that can be made into sweet or savoury dishes. (all sizes are based on metric measurements)

You will need:

1/2 Cup of Flour

Pinch of salt

2 eggs

2 teaspoons of Oil

3/4 Cup of Milk.

Method:

1. Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Add eggs and oil and mix until very smooth batter, free of lumps. (don't add everything all at once is the best tip I can give you)

2. Gradually add milk mixing to a smooth batter. It should be quite thin and run off your spoon like a liquid.

3. Heat pancake pan/ omelette pan (short angled sides are better) on medium heat until hot. Add a small knob of butter or spray surface with canola oil spray, covering the whole surface of the pan.

Pour a small portion of the batter from a just (lipped) into the pan and tip the pan to that the batter runs from the centre to the sides. You might need a slight swirling action to get the batter to the edges. Add a few drops extra to any places that were missed. Approx 2 -3 tablespoons of batter per crepe. Although this will totally depend on the diameter of the pan you are using.

4. When light golden brown underneath (test by lifting an edge to see) slide you flip/spatula underneath it so it reached the centre and flip lightly by turning your wrist. 

5. If possible, spread them on a wire rack to cool (not on top of each other), but if you can't do that, stacking does work (I do it all the time). Stacking works best with a large plate and an overturned saucer on top of it.

They may be frozen (separate with cling wrap or the like so they can be removed easily).

Bon Appetit! 

5a691fb4de413_advertisingbanner_rpginitiativeTS.png.699678f5663abf3c750d133673768a18.png

Plot | Rules | Canons | Wanted | Advertising

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the perfect base to then add some banana (sliced) and gobs of nutella to...

• I read this! 1
"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."