Does your character have any allergies, diseases, or other physical limitations?

Puffin

A simple enough question but one that covers a huge range of possibilities.  I have characters with conditions such as eczema and anxiety, aching joints and troublesome backs, all the way through to partial and even complete blindness.

• I read this! 1

aff.png affiliate.png

Ever wanted to explore Middle-earth?  Check out these wanted canons.

What about Attack on Titan?  Go here!

Evie has Retinitis pigmentosa (she's mostly blind, in my head she see's light or can kinda see movement in the corners or her eyes but I don't actually write that out because I don't think she would focus on that.)

Blanche has Muscular Dystrophy (with a bit of creative license taken).

I've got the usual array of depressed and anxious. 

Zain's missing an eye. It's a recent event so there'll be some writing about how he struggles and learns to work with that to come.

• I read this! 1

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

One of my characters is chronically ill. I intentionally avoided naming it in the application and will continue to do so in game because like with many chronic illnesses, diagnosis can take a lifetime (or never actually happen) and the symptoms often overlap with other illnesses.

I have another character that, though I do not put the name to it  in the app or in-game, she has Aspergers. High functioning autism can be really difficult to nail down in adult women, but I'm doing my best.

Role playing is, for me at least, every bit of a tool as it is a hobby. I'm a writer (even published!) and it's a great way to learn a character type and find what ways work really well and what may not. Plus as someone whose chronically ill and is a touch high functioning, I wanted to see more of those things so thought maybe others did too.

• I read this! 2

muEzlN.jpg

Jack has severe dyslexia, which sucks for him since no-one in the 1700s knew what that was, and just assumes he is stupid for struggling with reading (even though he is very intelligent). 

• I read this! 1
  • Love 1

sig.png

Neal, who I adore playing is allergic to strawberries. He swells up and can't breathe when he eats them. 

This island had ears so revealing everything all at once was not a smart move. There was a need for elements of surprise when dealing with Pan.

A few of my characters for sure have a mental illness, and another doesn't have much use of his legs which proves very hard on him as the RP is based in Venice during the 1700s.  I haven't gone the cancer route or anything like that ever....but that would make for a great plot!

Another of my character has nervous/excited tics, motor and vocal to a point (he makes little squeaks in the back of his throat when he is over stimulated.)  Which I based off my cousin who had those same things growing up.

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

Oh man.

Eleanor has anxiety.

Ura's obese, is missing a finger, is going blind in one eye, has some serious scar tissue that limits her movement, walks with a small limp and probably has asthma from smoking like a chimney and minor PTSD.

Anderson/Andelitharn is blind. 

Abel (WoW) is missing a hand, an eye and a tooth.

Kincaid is missing a leg. 

Sebastian is paralyzed in one leg from polio.

Uhhh... I think that's everyone.

Guest Archaic Cyborg

mine are all cans, save for one.

Watson uses a walking stick/canesword due to an incident with shrapnel; and..... er. I think that's it.

• 3 weeks later...

Skie has a severe allergy to spider bites.

I used to have a blind character at one point, but she was for a stand-alone rp and I never found anywhere else to fit her.

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg