What's up with your roleplay? How are things, what are you dealing with?

xexes

On 2/26/2017 at 10:26 PM, kay said:

I love, love, love talking to people we affiliate with.

In another thread, @kay expressed this sentiment and I really missed that. It can be impolite to go onto someone's chatbox and start talking, so I thought it might be cool to do that here.

This is a thread where you can talk about your roleplay. What's going on in your neck of the woods? What are you dealing with?

Did you have a fabulous roleplay thread? Are you excited about your grand opening? Did you get a new staffer who isn't looking so good? Are you disgruntled or disappointed?

This is a place where you can just talk. And it's okay to have a side conversation, too! Maybe there is knowledge to be shared, wisdom to be gleaned, or just a smile to be had.

• I read this! 9
  • Love 1

zootopia.gif

A relaxed, dark and gritty roleplay based on Disney's Zootopia. 

Things are a bit slow for my game. Real life for most of my members is really busy right now (work, work and chronic illness, chronic illness, school, etc). This past week especially has been crazy for me as well. We're working on a site wide plot and because everyone is busy, that's going slowly. it's...frustrating! But I get it and I'm not upset, nor am I ready to throw in the towel. I'm dealing with it by being understanding and just keeping up with my members, not to push them into being more active, but just seeing how they are doing with the challenges of RL.

Edited by Lady Isadorabelle
  • I read this! 2

muEzlN.jpg

I'm trying to learn tumblr to push our influence as we have a deep and wide fanbase there. I only want to publish quality material, but it's very time consuming and so far we haven't spread any. I feel like I still haven't figured it out and I'm frightened that to reach the people we want to, I need to sit down and pour in hours with custom art.

There is a new person who is extremely excited about the game and energetic, which is great. But we are concerned because they keep begging people to post in the cbox. We're super low-key, super laid-back, so we're trying to gently trim this behavior and hopefully keep the member. I need to catch them in the act so I can suggest they play at other places concurrently and I haven't been able to catch them.

Edited by xexes
  • I read this! 2
  • Love 1

zootopia.gif

A relaxed, dark and gritty roleplay based on Disney's Zootopia. 

@xexes, I adore you for this. I will still happily stalk cboxes, but this is the perfect thread, too. It's the kind of thread that I think will unite communities and make awesome friends. I'm enjoying and commiserating with the posts already.

We're doing pretty awesome. It got quiet with us, sort of declined in how many members we got coming in, and it's been calm! I often wonder if saying "we're close-knit" sounds like we're exclusive, but we get close. New members come in, get embraced, and as quick as that, they're off chatting with us like long-lost friends. I'm really loving the laidback atmosphere we've cultivated. Happy times. *sighs* A lot of us have a lot of stuff going on RL, so we're taking it easy and posting when we can.

• I read this! 2

300x80AdBanner.png

home sweet home.

18th century British India rp. Jcink premium.

be geeky with me!

1 hour ago, Lady Isadorabelle said:

Things are a bit slow for my game. Real life for most of my members is really busy right now (work, work and chronic illness, chronic illness, school, etc). This past week especially has been crazy for me as well. We're working on a site wide plot and because everyone is busy, that's going slowly. it's...frustrating! But I get it and I'm not upset, nor am I ready to throw in the towel. I'm dealing with it by being understanding and just keeping up with my members, not to push them into being more active, but just seeing how they are doing with the challenges of RL.

This is our situation as well. I don;t like the fact that we are slow. I try to post as much as possible, and I know I have a helper or two, sometimes. But only our example is not enough when the others are swamped and some had left because they got bored instead of writing more, like I do.

• I read this! 3

We're trucking along as a whole. Coming up on three years and have a good bunch of people, including a couple newer members that we've sucked in and latched onto. Things are a little bit slow due to collective real world, but not as noticeable as it has been other times. I've got a couple ideas for anniversary contests, but I need to come up with more of them so we have some to feed off of. 

As for the slowness... I like to focus on the plot/story/brainstorming, etc when that happens. Get excited about whats going on/coming up and get people talking about it. Even if life is keeping you away from actively diving in headfirst at every opportunity its still on your mind and you can feel like you're doing something as opposed to sitting around. Of course doing this has led to ridiculous ships/threads, but that's half the fun.

• I read this! 2

I *LOVE* this topic, so much so I started it on another directory. What a great way to share and hear stories of other boards! Like campfire tales. ;)

As for Venice....speaking of fire, lol. With an average daily post range from 50-70 IC posts, active chats, active games, friendly players--I can for sure say we are doing just fine!

Things have been pretty amazing so far, everyone gets along, no one is super negative at all, stories are rich and blending well together.

If I had to find one fault it would for sure be that I flat out do not have time to read all the posts that happen in the single day, but this is also why we closed for a month to new applications. Spring is a busy time for a lot and right now while the oven is hot, momma is gonna keep making those pies.

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

My "active" board is trudging along. We average only a handful of posts every day and the chatbox is only open to members - so that moves a little slow. However I really expect as much from a panfandom board - it wasn't made to be a "serious", in depth world of its own. It was created to be a fun "half way house" where people could try out new character concepts and RP "episodic" type plots in order to relax and recharge between the more serious places out there. So in that regard, it doesn't matter how small we are, the board is doing its job.

On the other hand, I'm excited about being able to open the modern fantasy board I've been working on for over a year (hard to find time to do mass amounts of work in one sitting because of my job and being a mom on top of that). The idea behind it is to take the classic genre of "magic and unhuman creatures just beyond your normal sight" and instead of a "buffy", "lost girl", "Grimm" type action concentrate on Political Intrigue and the question of whether or not the "other world" should stay secret any longer. Unfortunately, my RPer buddy circle has grown quite small as of late, and I'm having a little trouble finding interest beyond "oh that's a cool concept!". But I'm going to open it anyway when its finished being tweaked, and if I RP with myself, I RP with myself lol. It's been something I've been wanted to do for a while but never really found a board that matched what was in my head.

Edited by CovertSphinx
  • I read this! 2

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

Shenanigans continue to happen but now we have a spreadsheet that tells us what happened when. Some things are kind of fixed to happen at a certain in game time (shenanigans willing) so those events are penciled in. I've never used spreadsheets before so it's fun to experiment with.

There are a couple of game systems I'm toying with to make them simpler and more player driven, but all in all, I remain pretty cheerful about where things are at and how they're going.

• I read this! 1
  • Great Idea 1

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

11 hours ago, Kit the Human said:

Shenanigans continue to happen but now we have a spreadsheet that tells us what happened when. Some things are kind of fixed to happen at a certain in game time (shenanigans willing) so those events are penciled in. I've never used spreadsheets before so it's fun to experiment with.

There are a couple of game systems I'm toying with to make them simpler and more player driven, but all in all, I remain pretty cheerful about where things are at and how they're going.

Ooh! I kind of want to do something like this. Right now, we have a basecamp that keeps a lot of our stuff in order, but we haven't checked into it as often. I forget it's there mostly because I'm always on the site itself and running things here. With some of the fixed events that happens / will happen in our RP, I'd love to keep things in track with a spreadsheet!

• I read this! 1
  • Preach it! 1

300x80AdBanner.png

home sweet home.

18th century British India rp. Jcink premium.

be geeky with me!

I'm excited because I just put on some new staff, so now apps won't be waiting as long as they have been to get reviewed and accepted <3

• I read this! 1
Find me on my sites!
The Next Incantation :: The Last Island

Guest Archaic Cyborg

Absolutely nothing, and this frustrates me.

Nothing new.

Waves upon waves of serial app makers. Forever editing these flakes out of the active characters list.

A few really nice apps of late. But again, the pessimist in me tells me that statistically speaking they won't last.

Thanking the Gods that I have a core group of about four members who always stick around and post daily with me. I love them, and if we only gain one such awesome loyal member per year then it's a success.

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

I'm currently trying to get a base of members and help my very new site flourish. I'm new to being an Admin, so I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants. My Co-Admin is amazing but got a new job starting this week, so things have been left to me as of right now. Kind of stressing about things getting done. Hoping to attract people and keep my current member engaged- the hard part right?

I'd really love for someone to look over the site and give an honest and helpful critique. That would really help. 

Other than that, I have a good group of writers and we have been chugging along.

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1

pVV8ahF.png8rS34YE.png