Graphics Goofs

Josie

So I have a topic for times you borked up your coding- what about the times you did something dumb with your graphics?

Just yesterday I was making the image you see in my signature now, and I was going through the process of saving it. I was having a voice chat with @SusieQ, and so naturally I was narrating all of this to her because everything I do is intensely interesting and everyone needs to know about it.

"Am I sure I want to close this image without saving it?" the prompt asks me. I'm thinking "Will I want to change the text on there later?" and decide that yes, I will. And because I was too busy yammering on about nothing, I clicked- yes! AND CLOSED THE IMAGE WITHOUT SAVING.

OTL

Well...I made this epic map for my super private fantasy site right? Worked my ass off on it, painted the little trees, the water, made it look old....

o61Snzb.jpg

Everyone forgot to mention that the bottom part looked like a giant breast. -.-

• I read this! 3
  • LOL 1

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

7 hours ago, Bishop said:

Well...I made this epic map for my super private fantasy site right? Worked my ass off on it, painted the little trees, the water, made it look old....

Everyone forgot to mention that the bottom part looked like a giant breast. -.-

To be honest, I didn't notice it myself until you pointed it out, and even then had to take a second look. xD

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

Apparently the Spotlight challenge image placeholder (for those that haven't uploaded one) looks like a dick:

spotlight.png

• I read this! 2
  • LOL 3

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

3 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Apparently the Spotlight challenge image placeholder (for those that haven't uploaded one) looks like a dick:

spotlight.png

I actually always thought so too! lol

• Admin

lol @Bishop I give no fucks! Live with the dicks (spotlights) or upload your own! BWAHAHAHA!

• Cheers 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

1 hour ago, Morrigan said:

lol @Bishop I give no fucks! Live with the dicks (spotlights) or upload your own! BWAHAHAHA!

What does this say about us Morrigan!?!? You have the dicks and I the breast. <3 <3 ,3

• Cheers 1

• Admin

We're kinky. ;) @Bishop

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

• 3 weeks later...

a: hover { bla bla; }

Why isn't it working?! -throws things around-

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

• 2 weeks later...

Spelling 'Continuation' as 'Continuuation' on a banner.  I only realised it when a friend pointed it out.  xD.  It's like a...Continuum Continuation? xD

• I read this! 1

tumblr_o4od0wR43y1ta7p7ko1_400.gif

Button.gif 

Currently working on: a Fire Emblem RP set in Tellius

• 3 weeks later...

Well apparently I run a LONE Dark RPg according to my adverts. I mean instead of LONG Dark xD at -some- point I'll fix that. That point isn't now

adminuserbar.png.71315bfc91f356787fd0e77311e6f224.png

• 2 months later...

This whole thing is a goof.

So, I coded something which I wanted to make a gif of. I did some reading on programs you could download which will allow you to record your screen, and thus make a gif out of it. I wound up having a great number of difficulties with this: I couldn't figure out how to get it to record my screen, at first. But I managed that, eventually. So now I have a 5 second video of the thing I want to make into a gif! But it's the entire screen, which I don't need. So I try to figure out how to do that, and do some searches online. I find a program I can use to edit and turn videos into gifs. But when I run the conversion of the video file into a gif, it won't move anymore- which kind of defeats the purpose.

I struggle with this for 24 hours.

TWENTY FOUR HOURS.

Before I realize- hey. Hey hey hey! I can record the screen on my phone!! So I hop over to the code in question on my phone, and record this one simple action that I wanted a gif of. Then, I use my gif editing program to get the gif scaled to the right size and cropped, etc., etc.

IT TOOK ME OVER A DAY TO GET IT.

AHHHH.

• LOL 1