Why did you start rping?

I roleplay cause I've always needed a creative outlet for all the stories swimming in my head.

• I read this! 3

• 3 weeks later...

By accident. I was a 12 year old, bored in chat rooms. I wandered across an RP chat room.

-Walks in-

-Flies up-

-Shoots energy beam-

-Destroys mountains-

Those were the pinnacle days of my RP ability. Joking ... maybe.

• I read this! 1
  • Love 1

For me it was an escape from the real world. It was also a horse site. Don't even remember the first site. Flaming Passions was a good site though, but it was later. Haven't checked to see if it still exists.

• I read this! 1

I liked to write, and I found roleplaying through a sort of competition between Teams on a Pokemon forum.  Ever since, I've been totally obsessed with it.  xD

• I read this! 1

tumblr_o4od0wR43y1ta7p7ko1_400.gif

Button.gif 

Currently working on: a Fire Emblem RP set in Tellius

I've always liked the storytelling aspect. Playing out stories with other people. I've always been a bookworm and always wanted to write, but never really knew where to start, and RP helped with that. 

I also got into it for, well... naughty purposes <_< My boyfriend at the time was super long-distance, and we wrote naughty things, and then it was like "what if my chick was an elf" and then backstories happened and personalities and really it was just a far more innocent time. <3

• I read this! 1

I remember it clear as day. I was 12 years old at my older cousin's house and I was watching over her shoulder while she wrote. She was a beautiful writer, one of those people who defiled a thesaurus so she could create an entire paragraph dedicated to describing her character's lips. I was in awe and I thought "I want to be just like that!" 

So when I went back home, I jumped into an RP chat room on AOL. 

::walks in::

And so my life as a roleplayer began.

Nearly 20 years later I'm still at it, but I've learned to respect the humble thesaurus in my many years of writing. English has always been my "thing" and throughout high school I loved writing short stories. I (mostly) enjoy the community and the amazing stories I've written with total strangers and I continue to do it because it's been one of the few mainstays in my life and it's a great creative outlet. Sometimes I wonder when I'll hang up my writing hat for good, but I don't think that will be any time soon.

• I read this! 2

Because I need some sort of outlet for creativity and forum roleplay allows you to be more expressive with the internal side of things than tabletop. Since internal side of things is where I get most of my enjoyment from, I've always stuck to forum roleplaying as a primary. Whether it was starting out on BattleQuest and SuddenLaunch roleplaying out animals to hitting my first warring kingdoms site and going 'Wait, so I can do ANYTHING?' The sense of wonder about how great this hobby can be has never really left me.

I've kind of drifted away from the hobby in recent years due to college/work, but I've swung back into it in recent months because gosh darn I need some sort of outlet. All I did for work for the past few years is write these very technical no nonsense research papers, and I want to re-learn how to enjoy the act of writing again and be super excited to see a post. It was a gosh darn magical feeling before, and whenever I can recapture that I feel like that 10-12 year old who just figured out he could do anything in that magical fantasy world and the sky was the only limit.

• I read this! 2

Why... why.

Well. because it was fun. No really. I was like, 9 the first time I "roleplayed" it was a very interesting experience with a friend of mine. We were talking about a book we had both been reading together, and then we decided we were curious what would have happened if X or Y had happened instead. So we talked about it. And this slowly morphed into us acting out the story line we came up with.

Eventually discovered there were a whole lot of people online who did the same thing, and well. Here I am... lol

• I read this! 2

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.

I started RPing by accident.

I've always been a writer; I still have stories I wrote as a child, ones that usually revolved around unicorns that lived in the sky on clouds, but whatever xD

I was playing Horseland.com (back when it was actually fun) when someone was advertising their Avidgamers site in the chat room. I clicked, and after freaking out worrying I was going to be charged money to play on these websites, I found a horse one that I joined and the rest is history!

I was shockingly bad when I first started, like, fifty words was a long post, and it took a lot of effort to create a character so I could join the "advanced" game I found and fell in love with. I would guest-stalk and read all the threads. I did manage to join (never give up on your dreams, kids!) and years later became an admin on the site!

and that's my rags to riches story! lol

• I read this! 3

HaLp2lk.png
October-2017.png 

I started rping during a depressing time in my life. I had no clue what I was doing but I knew it made me feel better and to escape from the stress. I guess it's the reason why I still do it.

• I read this! 1
  • Love 1

rpgi-sig.png

+ :: c o m i n g  s o o n  :: +

• 3 weeks later...

I started out by playing virtual pet games, and then I came across a horse RP while looking for some horse games, been hooked ever since!

• I read this! 1

promoimg.png 

I started RPing because I needed to throw myself into something socially.  I had gone through a bad relationship and needed something else to get my mind off things.  Before RPing, I had written stories and created entire worlds for myself on paper but the idea of doing it online was completely new (this was 2006 and I had only just discovered AOL instant messenger).

• I read this! 2

I was looking up a tv show I liked, and clicked on a chat room that I thought was for fans of the show (which, I mean, technically it was). The regulars there were super chill. They just assigned me a character, and I went with it. I'm sure the writing was beyond awful. It was fun though!

• I read this! 1

Ooooh good question Isa!

Right, so I first came online in 2004, true story, and I looked for final fantasy discussions and found my first RP site. It was like, the first site I saw after google, so I got hooked from thereon. It was like... "People actually write this stuff with each other? OMG, it's my favourite thing ever!" I'd written private fanfics but RPing appealed to me much more and I really liked forums.

• I read this! 2

[Image: 596681d458799_NewLogo.png.581b0fb709d0e4...420b58.png]

An established, non canon, Dragon Age RP
coupleofkooks

Because I saw other people doing it, and I wanted to try it. I'm glad I did because it's really fun. 

• I read this! 2

tumblr_static_6ivdjzzdht44oow80s8gwo44s.gif.f8f02728c35f7b252d20ab38eb44cccb.gif