Why did you start rping?

Actually, I had little to no interest in the beginning, until I got interested in what my brother was doing behind the computer. Then I got involved in it as well and before I knew it I was in the world of Star Trek with some made up crappy character. But I didn't care, I loved it.

Keeper RaWolfe

Owner of the Exonia Realm

Why? Well there was this little girl that idolized her adopted big brother. She watched as he and his friends gathered around the table and did this thing all night. It looked like so much fun that I wanted to try it too. So this big brother thought he had a good idea to dissuade his little sister. If she could memorize the entire DM's guide and Player's Handbook, she could play. That little girl did it. She got to play and loved every minute of it. And I've been writing ever since. So why? Because it was so much fun with friends and grew from there to the love I have for it now.

• Love 1

spacer.pngDecadence

• 2 weeks later...

I started because at the time I wrote Harry Potter fanfiction and there was one site that had a chatroom and I got to know a few of the other writers. One of them introduced me to RP and explained it was similar to writing fanfiction and that I'd probably enjoy it. I wasn't 100% I wanted to do it but I gave it a go because I'm a people pleaser and I didn't want to let this other writer down. I ended up loving it so much I'm still here... I sometimes wonder if she still RPs or 'grew out of it'.

vzcOoJ.png

Funnily enough, my ex got me into it. Then, they stopped roleplaying and i took it up as a passion! haha. Hated them, but thanks for introducing me to my passion! xD

I've always been RPing. Ever since I was, like 6 playing with friends, pretending to be someone else, I did that until at least 12, I did some Pen and Paper RP games in my tweenage years, and at 14 I discovered this could be done in chatrooms, and by the time I was 20, I'd learned it could be done on play by post boards, and, well... been doing it off and on since.

E5zAKhe.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I was going through my horse girl phase and EVERYTHING was horses, made sense I'd eventually find horse RPS

promoimg.png 

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so the progression was like, I started basically LARPing as a kid like all kids do but even more in depth, and then I joined some 'Kidz' email lists on AOL (wow that's a blast from the past isn't it), and then my mom noticed I was a bit too 'mature' for the other kids my age on that and sent me a link to a forum RP. And then since then I've been stuck whoops! But I've pretty much just always been creative and always wanted a sort of escape, and RP provides that.

ac2204b883ba2b2c3b93079f6c58144be0db842f
Be a Part of the Story
Discord
NOW ACCEPTING CHARACTERS FROM NON-ANIMATED FANDOMS

It started with a video game (World of Warcraft) for me, so it wasn't very detailed, but when we had to get rid of the game, I moved to roleplaying on the forums of Howrse when I was like 12 or 13, and a friend directed me to a forum based one and since then that's what it's been for me. Now I continue it because I enjoy the communities and having a place to be able to express myself.

I got pulled into LARP in college by my roommate, who knew I loved writing and theater, and felt that since LARP is a combination of both, I'd have a good time. She wasn't wrong!

I got into play by post gaming through the fanfic community; that too was about writing, but also about being able to connect with other people through a shared creative process. I got hooked early and haven't been able to give it up since.

0226a8a84212702579ada441fb13616a.png
Guest Login: View Only | PW: sundoctrog

I saw other people doing it and it looked like so much fun. I'll be honest I probably stalked RP for awhile before I finally dove into it. I get pretty anxious when it comes to trying new things, but I am really glad that I took the plunge for RP.

v7mhkA.png

Original Fantasy RPG

I was in my early teens and just started being allowed to go home after school instead of being babysat. Before I was always moderated when I went online so having sweet freedom was a godsend. I poked around a bit online (I think around Buffy or Charmed forums, haha), stumbled upon the RP world, it has been very on and off since - more on as of recently, haha.

I was writing on my own for a few years before I discovered rp. And I remember being so excited at the idea that I could write big complex stories with other people. People that had amazing story ideas! Stories that made totally new characters! Characters that did unpredictable things! Unpredictable things that made amazing stories! And then the cycle continues and WOW HOW COOL IS THAT??? 

Sometimes I go through periods where rp isn't wholly as exciting for me. An abusive admin team, a board dying or closing, a person quitting and leaving my character without their child/partner/whatever. But those periods never last too long, and eventually I stop feeling down. Cause oh my god, people come up with the coolest fucking things and the rp community amazes me all the time with its creativity and uniqueness. It's unlike any other sort of teamwork that I've experienced. 

While a big part of the reason I keep writing is because I have so many ideas and characters, a big part is... I guess a sense of wonder. That for every bad player or staff, there are a dozen fantastic ones. And that the stories just never stop coming. People keep inventing new characters and plots, and making friends with other people while they're doing their thing, and I just find it all really exciting. Looking at the rp community is like dumping a suitcase full of toys in front of a Golden Retriever. I love all of it and it's all fabulous and please give me everything. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had no idea what roleplaying even was back in the day. I was cruising through the forums on Neopets and happened to come across it, thought it looked fun and eight years later I'm still doing it lol. Growing up I loved reading and writing but didn't have an outlet to share any of my work let alone have a community of people who also loved to do so. 

I was young, but much more mature than my 10 years of age due to a lot of abuse and stupid stuff in life. I used RP as an escape when I found it on old livejournal communities and the muse from loving the fandoms kept me there 

I don't recall the why but it was just something I stumbled upon in the forums of good ol' Neopets. From there I joined guilds on Neopets. And then when that got old I looked elsewhere! So I found myself on a horse rp and it was game over then. I was maybe 11 or 12? I am 29 now... so I have been glued to this passion ever since. 

signature2small.png.6c6902665e4c91ca15240bd1f4a0bce3.png