Why did you start rping?

I was on the forums of a long defunct virtual pet site and someone asked if anyone wanted to join their 'dragon clan'

I said 'sure I like dragons what do i have to do'

And they told me to go to the roleplay forum and i was like 'HELP I'VE NEVER DONE ROLEPLAY' so they taught me how to make a character and write back and forth and I haven't stopped since

Thank you, long lost dragon friend!

spacer.png

It's been like..20 years since I started RPing. Back then it was on Neopets and I wish I knew why I started, don't get me wrong..I'm glad I did. It's been one of my favorite hobbies over the years. But I truly have no why lol

Pern's New Era is upon us..

Pern's New Era.png

Jcink Premium, 1+ Years

• 5 weeks later...

I had always liked writing when I was younger, but it wasn't until I was about 11 and truly learning how to use the internet that I learned that people wrote things online. I learned about fan fiction first, and then I wanted to write fan fiction, only I had no idea how to do it, so I think I started looking up things like "Harry Potter online" and things until I stumbled upon a Harry Potter site. All I remember about it was that it had really intense applications and I failed to make it on because I was a terrible first-time writer back then, but I eventually did find somewhere to write. I was on different Harry Potter sites at first, then I found a place called Shelfari where people made a bunch of different groups, and I slowly learned how to write over time — that's when it really started to become a daily hobby for me. Fast-forward 15 years and here I am, still learning how to write. 

• 6 months later...

I was feeling lonely writing my novels all by myself, especially since I write them in French and I couldn't share them with most of my friends. So at least with RP I get to share! And creating with friends feels even better than I thought!