Why did you start rping?

I had an internet connection from a young age; I lived in the middle of nowhere and had no friends nearby. Combine that with a growing love of space, plus the egalitarian message of Star Trek, plus creative writing – and hey presto! One Trek-flavoured RPer, right out of the box. I've gone away and come back a few times, but I've always come back.

I've been RPing for a while but I started up again back in 2015 when one of my best friends needed help making graphics for a new site. I had convinced her to make her own because she'd been through a lot of RP drama for nothing and, through some ups and downs, here we are. 3 years later and pulling One Chance through the fire and the flames. RP helps me write on a consistent basis even when I don't want to and nothing can stop me now~

Admin & Lead Graphic Designer on:

nzJnBu2.png

http://onechancerp.jcink.net/index.php

An RP set in Seoul, South Korea with a world full of mutants & their enemies!

I started back in 2003 when I stumbled upon the Barton Town section of Gaia. I remember first thinking it was a bit strange. Why are they writing this story like this? After a while began to understand the fun behind it.

The reason I still do it to this day is that I love character development and growth. I like seeing where certain actions take the characters. I have a problem with really enjoying to see characters go through hard times and make horrible decisions. 

903463525_fish-bottlecopy.png.a7f351980f4f165fa67d95fe6297fae5.png

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually pulled into roleplaying as a way of breaking out of my shell.  I am known for being shy at times and not always that gret when it comes to speaking up for myself. A former friend chose to get me involved in roleplaying as a way to help me in making friends. She later chose to turn her back on me but I moved on. That was back in 2003(I think).

• 3 weeks later...

After playing a game for few hundred hours I wanted to experine a new way of playing. 

I was a big fan of Star Trek and found a Star Trek roleplaying site

Dune: Sands of Time

A cooperative writing group based on Frank Herberts Dune

• 2 weeks later...

I started roleplaying primarily because I've always loved to write... but I just don't seem to have it in me to write a real novel.  I also found I really liked not being able to predict what's going to happen next!  So I tend to like roleplays where I create a character and throw them into a thread with someone else and just see what happens.  I don't always like what happens to my characters, but I've gotten some of the best character growth out of events just like that... so I have to say that I greatly prefer not knowing what's going to happen.  I can't get that experience from anything else.

560477986_OmneTopsitesBanner.jpg.e4efd3b88a4bc89491a2b81775acca91.jpg

Link

That’s easy...to escape real life and all the problems  I was enduring. It’s still a nice escape for me.

48B2BDDB-40A9-4752-9E3F-C4378F7CA7CF.jpeg

My gateway drug to RPing was Neopets forum RP. 😛 I just remember having a blast. I've always liked creative writing but it was kinda lonely to do it on my own. So RP was awesome cuz it was collaborative, and I always get so excited waiting for replies and seeing what will happen next.

2vyeCC8.jpg

RULESBEGINNER'S GUIDELOREADVERTISING

We're a 3-3-3 freeform medieval fantasy RPG! Come have some coffee (or ale) with us and have a good time! <:

• 2 weeks later...

I was bored. The Internet was still young and there was so much you could do. I found a chat site that had an rp section and when my friends weren't around to chat with I started to rp a little. 

jlLQ2fy.png

I have always loved to write, and I managed to accidentally stumble upon sites online where rp was a thing that people did.  I started on the Neopets forums, got bored with how it was handled there and decided to use the site for most playing flash games instead.  Then I found GaiaOnline and joined a few rp groups before moving onto forums.  RP for me has always been a way to escape, as well as join communities that I felt some connection to when I first joined them.  I've left many and taken one or two breaks since I first started due to various issues.  Bad admins, lack of activity, cliques taking over, or just general boredom.  

There have been a few times when I've grown discouraged and tried to tell myself that I should quit, but my love for writing always pulls me back.  That or some awesome friends I've managed to make over the years.  For me, RP will always be an escape, as well as an easy way to socialize with friends.  Not to mention its awesome, and I don't see myself quitting anytime soon. 

Edited by crystal raven

I’ve loved roleplaying as long as I can remember.  My sister and I used to create characters with my best friend and we’d go on adventures. Later  at 16 I played DnD. I started drawing characters around high school and developed a love for it. By college I had found online chatrooms. It was 1997. Diablo one’s battlenet had a hidden fantasy chat called ‘town square’. I stopped playing the game and continued roleplaying. When I left there to move back to my parent’s house I began desperately looking up roleplay chatrooms.... and it went on and on.

Needless to say.. I just never stopped. Roleplay is an outlet for my creativity.  It’s fantastically addictive, no matter what form it takes.

use this one kat.png

I started RPing when I was just a wee lad. Back then there weren't a whole lot of video games and there were none for Dragon Ball Z which I was a fan of. I started with DBZ rping and never looked back.

largeraffbanner.gif

I started rping on Neopets ( O.O ) and I started writing because I love stories. I was already writing my own little books by then (not good ones obv - I was 11) but I was already writing personally. I used to be the person on Neopets who would hit the character limit five times before their part of the story was up... lol. Then I found out about Proboards and the rest was history 😄

• Like 1