Character Concepts You'd Like to Try

Josie

While watching House of Cards, I realized that I've never played a body guard before and that that might make for a fun character sometime!

How about you guys? What kinds of characters would you like to try?

• I read this! 5
  • Great Idea 1

I tend to play leader types, whether they suck at it or not, so I'm thinking I'd also play really awesome sidekick type or minion type. 

Most of my characters are pretty intelligent to varying degrees, usually on subjects they're passionate about. I'm thinking I want to play a character type that's ... not really that smart?

Last night, an argument broke out in chat over whether or not evil villains could beam. (I was beaming after being called evil). I've decided one of these days I'm going to play a very cheerful villain who poops rainbows. That's all there is to it.

Also, medical types. I really want to take up my own adoptable and play a master general surgeon who survived a bunch of wars and is patching up soldiers in this little hospital in the British quarter of town.

Honestly, I just have too many ideas and so little time. LOL.

• I read this! 5

300x80AdBanner.png

home sweet home.

18th century British India rp. Jcink premium.

be geeky with me!

I want to play around with different "villainous" types. I tend to code them as brutal/violent so I would like to break that mould because it's kind of lazy.

I'd also like to play a character that has a long term ambition and is sort of treating everyone like pieces on a chess pieces. I don't possess that kind of cunning or long term thinking so it would be a bit of a challenge. (All the more reason to do it!)

• I read this! 6

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

@kay and @Kit the Human, those are very interesting choices! It seems you have the cheerful villain concept in common, a bit. Are there any that come to mind from media that you can take inspiration from?

• I read this! 1

Gosh this is a good question! I've had to super think about what I haven't done yet, but I think I would like to try playing like...a canon character. I've never done it and I go back and forth with this other board I'm joining if I want to play a canon or a oc. 

It isn't something I have done a lot of or at all really, beyond AU versions of some characters.

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

On 22/03/2017 at 5:56 PM, Gothams Reckoning said:

@kay and @Kit the Human, those are very interesting choices! It seems you have the cheerful villain concept in common, a bit. Are there any that come to mind from media that you can take inspiration from?

Not necessarily cheerful! Just that their actions are judged "evil" because how they manipulate and play other people rather than because they're violent for the sake of violence. 

Thanks for the topic though, I went ahead and made a character for one of @Freya's 👺 to then screw over, a bunch of other characters >.> teehee

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

I'd love to play a conman of sorts! I love playing rogues, but all of them have been thieves who have been honest about their work xD In that they are completely upfront about how they would steal all your money given the chance, and have ironically been rather shit liars. 

So playing someone who pretends to be someone they're not all the time, and who runs confidence scams and probably introduces themselves with false names and changes between disguises a lot would be fun! So yea, I really want to play someone along the lines of Moist Von Lipwig or Locke Lamora

• I read this! 1

sig.png

My mindset is rooted in historical fiction, but I like adding onto that in various ways.  I think writing a superhero-ish character would be a fascinating experience.  My older brother doesn't role-play, but his love for comic books and video games has been a prevalent phenomenon from my observation.

Taking a historical personage and forcing him to adapt to the modern era or future might be fun, also.  I did it with a female canon until December 2013 with apparent success, though I no longer choose canons because of personal reasons.  My boyhood and my manhood crisscross, admittedly.

• I read this! 2

Recently I've thought about playing someone with a physical disability. I have a post apocalyptic RP and the idea of someone struggling to survive and overcoming their physical limitations won't leave me alone. I'm hesitant to do it though because I personally do not have a physical disability and I wouldn't want to play it wrong or offensively. I need to decide and then do the research and also figure out what kind of things they have changed about themselves to overcome these limitations. But the idea won't go away!

• I read this! 2

PLAGUED

Post-Apoc | Supernatural | Zombies

39 minutes ago, misfit said:

Recently I've thought about playing someone with a physical disability. I have a post apocalyptic RP and the idea of someone struggling to survive and overcoming their physical limitations won't leave me alone. I'm hesitant to do it though because I personally do not have a physical disability and I wouldn't want to play it wrong or offensively. I need to decide and then do the research and also figure out what kind of things they have changed about themselves to overcome these limitations. But the idea won't go away!

Playing characters with disabilities can be very fun and rewarding! It gives you an entirely different playing experience. Sort of like if you decided to play a game as a class you've never used before and know nothing about.

• I read this! 2

I want to play an extremely religious person that's not a caricature.

And I want to play a narcissist.  Someone who is truly narcissistic, not just like "narcissistic tendencies."

• I read this! 2
  • Like 1

WoL___dark01.png

16 minutes ago, Uaithne said:

I want to play an extremely religious person that's not a caricature.

And I want to play a narcissist.  Someone who is truly narcissistic, not just like "narcissistic tendencies."

These are both great ideas!

• Thank you 1

After watching Moana, I really want to include a chicken like Heihei in the thread.

And I'm really keen on a character concept I've been talking about with a friend which is a couple child characters who can't speak English in an isolated English-dominated setting. I'm intrigued by them growing up during a war and seeing front-line action and also having a character other characters might perceive as stupid and disrespectful because of the language barrier. England would eventually be at war with their home country, and they'd have to deal with being seen as and feeling like a traitor on top of just being a teenager. The setting would be historical where children seeing combat would be normal.

• I read this! 1

Also, I want to play a vampire.  A real, bloodsucking vampire, not some sexualized, romantic thing.

WoL___dark01.png