Share something Irish with me

Morrigan

• Admin

So I would love to here some Irish stories since it's technically Irish month. These can be real stories that happened to you or something you've heard or made up altogether just make them juicy. ;)

When I say Irish story you are free to interpret how you like.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Once upon a time, upon a Patrick's Day concert in my town... an Irish band. The concert hall, one of the biggest in my country, adorned with baloons in the colours of the Irish flag. Then, towards the end of the show (ie after the coloured lights from the back had lighted the scene for one hour and a half or more), they play and sing "The Belle of Belfast City". 

At the second stanza chorus - "She is handsome, she is pretty/ She's the belle of Belfast city..."

Boom! One of the baloons, overheated by the show lights, explodes. Then, the guitarist, loudly, on an innocent tone:

"Have I just said Belfast?"

😀😀😀

• I read this! 1

This isn't a long and rambling travelogue of the urban dictionary definition of an Irish story but a more traditional one.

This is an old traditional Irish story line; Fairies who bestow their musical abilities on human musicians. Depending on the particular story, there are various reasons for this, and a variety of outcomes... But in general, the Fairies appreciate when one shows respect, kindness, and humility.

• I read this! 1

5a691fb4de413_advertisingbanner_rpginitiativeTS.png.699678f5663abf3c750d133673768a18.png

Plot | Rules | Canons | Wanted | Advertising