A Bazillion Characters

misfit

This is an interesting issue that I've been considering, as well, while trying to create my own site.  I've initially set up a rule that all characters need to be in at least one active thread before creating a sixth character, for example, but I'm not sure how long I'm going to stick with it or if it'll even work.  

I just came off of a site that (admin problems aside) had a lot of RPers who would create characters, create plots with other RPers for those new characters, but then never execute on those plots.  Then they'd create more characters, and if you're one of the writers they were plotting with, you're just sitting here like 'Are we ever going to do the thing that you said you wanted to do?'  

I don't know.  Character creation has never bothered me, but the lack of follow-through is really irritating sometimes.  It has, however, been a while since I ran my own site, and I have to say that I don't recall it bothering me back then.  Maybe it's just more of a member frustration than an admin one for me?  We'll see, I guess.  =P

• I read this! 1

682267011_468x60Banner007.png.965a08bf3b4589beb689832b27bd4615.png

About UsGuidebookCensusClaims ⚙ Canons ⚙ Wanted ⚙ Character Directory

18+ | Relaxed Activity Requirements | LGBTQIA Friendly | Diverse | Welcoming
Intermediate to Advanced | 1 Year Old | Many Open Canons & Wanteds

This kills me to no end, especially on sites where you need separate accounts for characters. Your member count would be in the 30's and you're just looking at that one member with the 15 characters that they never use like "why?". Although I'll admit to usually having an excess of characters myself, I at least use mine. I've actually made my site restricted to only one character when joining. Although a lot of people don't really like the idea of it, in the long run it's made people actually use the characters they create even if only to earn enough points to make new ones. I'm very happy with how it's streamlined my members' characters albeit I might have lost a few potential joiners along the way. 

• I read this! 1