Favorite IC Games

Sage

So I love little in character games. I think they're a fun and informal outlet you can use to get to know your own characters better as well as get a feel for other characters you may not always interact with. And I think they're great for building community and promoting a sense of fun in what might otherwise be a kind of serious game. So I'm wondering, what are your favorite in character games?

My personal favorites are Texts from Last Night, where you visit this website and copy a text that your character might've sent to another character, and wall of text, where your characters can write notes, graffiti, start rumors, etc.

On a site I help run, we've also started a new game we call "roll of the dice" where we use the in-house dice roller to try to have our characters complete fun tasks (like throwing darts, doing cartwheels, karaoke, and other dumb stuff) and the next poster has to narrate how well or how poorly they did. Because we use a stat system and dice in events, it also helps people get familiar with our system while also having some outrageous fun!

• I read this! 1

translunary.gif.5374a61b67b4df1af4bb898e0c039553.gif

a dark, urban fantasy;

inspired by sailor moon

I currently don't have any favourites because there are no games on my sites.  They sound like so much fun.  They just never get used on any site of mine that I've tired to do them.  Which makes me sad.

Profile graphics by @Lirschen

We love the kiss/kill game, the 'If I woke up next to you' game, and "IC interview game"

• I read this! 1

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is an actual thing anymore, but back when I was doing *action* style RP and it all happened in social media groups, there was a game called 'pic destroyer' that I really liked. 

One person posts a picture of literally anything to start the whole thing off, and the next has to post another picture to 'destroy' it - sometimes with a little added information on how exactly the thing is destroyed. The next poster would then destroy that pic, and so on and so on. Silly stuff, like one person posting a picture of the desert, the next adding a pic of water, and then a pic of a drain, followed by a drain plug... One I can also still vividly remember is the Alien from Aliens VS Predator being destroyed by a dentist. 

• I read this! 1

• 4 months later...

I have to agree, I really enjoy the gif reaction game. I actually got into a gif war a few days ago on one of the sites I am on and it was hilariously fun. 

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 1

• 8 months later...

Zodiac sign of your character, Harry Potter houses - and my newest favorite is a "writing challenge" game for fandom sites. Somebody tags your character with a link to a youtube video of a scene your character is in. You write that scene out as a role play post. At first I was wary, but It reallly challenged my writing skills and we end up doing it with each new member, as a way to break the ice. 

The dare game is my favourite (yes, unpopular opinion). Somebody dares my character to do a thing in a post (e.g. to kiss a horse) and I have to do the dare, link the post and give a dare to the other characters....

• Love 1

Ho boy, I remember when a bunch of our characters had a frat party. Like the type with alcohol, things going wild etc. and a few of them played games we actually played in a chat, like a random number game or something. Let's say things escalated a bit and there were some unconscious people at the end.

Edited by Gota
  • LOL 1

2055148134_EOHbanner.png.530f7a6856f7b2fd0b4861da17014318.png

• 7 months later...

I love ones like what are you currently watching, tell us something about yourself, etc. 

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

• 4 months later...

I think the "waking up next to..." game is my favorite IC game, it's always fun and funny to see the reactions. 

I love the questionnaire type games that let you answer ICly. It's kinda more a development thing than a game, but it's still fun to me, even if nobody reads it.

GbQDuEL.png

• 11 months later...

I'm glad this topic exists. I was just thinking of some games to add and liven up our discord chat.

We have been playing a caption game where you post a caption of the gif above you and then post your own for people to caption. It seems to be a hit.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I started a "dev of the day" channel on our Discord server! I post little fun questions ranging from "does your character have pets?" and "does your character have any scars?" I love seeing the IC responses from everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 3:56 PM, Erin_ said:

I started a "dev of the day" channel on our Discord server! I post little fun questions ranging from "does your character have pets?" and "does your character have any scars?" I love seeing the IC responses from everyone!

I've been doing this too and it's really fun!  But I'm beginning to struggle to come up with a fun question every day. Any chance you'd want to swap question lists for ideas?  

As for IC games ... there are a few that have been really fun!

• Kill, Marry, Fornicate
  • 2 truths and a lie
  • Never have I ever...
  • Would you rather...

Edited by Juls