Introducing a Seahorse

Seahorse

Hi all!  

It is good to be here!  My name is Seahorse, obtained because of a comparison to me in a fish tank, being the spunky, cartwheeling creature in the corner.  I shall keep it!  I look forward to getting in the mix of the site. There are so many great things to read, learn about, and great people to interact with!  I tend to be rather energetic, ready to engage, though deeply contemplative depending the topic. 

• How long have you been RPing -- Since I was fourteen years of age. I've done table-top groups, but my primary modality was live chat via AOL, and forums that AOL also had. Everything about playing various genres, dicing systems, guilds, and even modern characters I think I learned through that place!  I've been on forum based alone for about two years and loving it. 
  • What are your favorite RP genres? -- HIstorical and alternative historical, because in them one can find a blend of everything from steampunk, cyberpunk, high and low fantasy, supernatural, and more. After that, I would have to say the classics of fantasy and urban fiction.
  • How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)? -- All three!  I am active across various mediums based on the preferences and contact methods of my fellow players. I've learned things from all forms, thus feel like you obtain different skill various from each medium.
  • What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)? -- It is really hard for me to pick favorites at times, because there are songs, books, and movies that just stay with you. The ones that are favorites are those that have had deeper emotional, life perspective, and connective value to me. For books, it is The Alchemist by Peter Coehelo and The Hunchback of Notre Dame, by Victor Hugo. My favorite movie of all time is The Last Unicorn. The Unicorn's search for herself, the people she met along the way, and the uncovering of her true being has resonated with me for years.  At SDCC a few years ago, I was fortunate enough to meet and speak with Peter S. Beagle. Music? On that I could talk all day especially divided down by genre. I'll leave that one for another day.
  • What other interest/Hobbies do you have? -- Writing comes as a huge one for me, because I have always kept a notebook for ideas, poetry, or just about anything that comes to me. My other large passion is creating with my hands through paper arts and stationary: creative planning, scrapbooks, stamping, hand lettering, and calligraphy. I'm also a large foodie, so I enjoy trying new foods!
  • What's your favorite color? -- Red has always been a staple along with black, but I find my tastes have evolved to truly be more of a spectrum experience of top favorites. Turquoise blue, amber, and melon have been my top emergent favorites of late.
  • What's your favorite drink? -- Red wine Sangria and cherry flavored cola, especially in a glass bottle. 
  • I read this! 6

NewSig.png
Welcome to the City of Destiny

Wedding Season 1797
Forming Families Among the Rumors and the Joy
Will you ally for love or money, business or pleasure, peace or war?

Guest LOVE ME AND DESPAIR

Welcome to RPG-I, Seahorse =) Glad to have you aboard!

Welcome @Seahorse! Always great to meet someone else who enjoys historical rp. And if you enjoy Victor Hugo, what's your opinion on the Parision sewers? I prefer Les Miserables, but The Hunchback of Notre Dame was a an excellent read.

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @Seahorse we are certainly glad to have you! *sips her Sangria as she types this*

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Thank you for such a wonderful and jolly welcome, everyone!  I see your posts and, no lie, am over here squealing like a school girl. "Oh gosh, oh boy!"  That's been me today. 

@Gothams Reckoning -- I wouldn't mind sharing my poetry!  Should I drop it here or in some poetic area of the board? I need to spread my writing juice across poetry and my stories as it is, so this is a most helpful thing!

@Serion- My opinion of Paris sewers, as with most of the underground systems of older European cities is that I am amazed by how much stuff is down there!  Is this a sewer, is it a catacomb? Is it connected?  Le Miserables is a beautiful book. I am also obsessed with the musical. Obsessed. 

@Rune - Cherry Drinks for ever. For life. Afterlife too!  All the cherry.

Cherry cola and Sangria for all! <3

• I read this! 2

NewSig.png

Wedding Season 1797

• 1 month later...

Hey, you are here and that is awesome! Thanks for the welcome! 

NewSig.png

Wedding Season 1797