Players who made problems for themselves!

xexes

Oh man, I'm pretty sure I've seen all of these at some stage or another on my site!

The older member who acts entitled, like they're above the rules just because they've been there longer than others and throw a tantrum when they're called out for not following said rules.

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 2
Find me on my sites!
The Next Incantation :: The Last Island

The player who wants to make her character so 'special' she will be unable to participate in one of the roleplay's most important events with that character.

Is warned about that during creation. Refuses to change and says she'll accept the consequences and she knows what she's doing.

IC event during a plot makes her want her character to be a part of said event. Demands event rules are broken. Then that site rules in general are bent to allow her character in the event (without identifying features, the event was 18+ IC, and she made a point of making a minor knowing this event was only for people of legal age, but then her character met one that would be going to the event and she wanted hers to be allowed as well, when the event had mature content that was innapropriate for characters below 18).

One of the staff even offered to let her make a change to make her character legal, but she refused because her character HAD to be a minor and HAD to be allowed to participate. Hahaha, no. I don't mess with this kind of shit, so her character was eventually slowly written out because of her refusal to understand rules are rules.

• I read this! 3
  • Cheers 2

Shady McShaderson

Players that try to force themselves into your plots, please remove yourself and find your own thanks.

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1

rpgi-sig.png

+ :: c o m i n g  s o o n  :: +

Players that make extremely quiet/reserved characters and then don't play them in a way that serves to have interesting threads.  Instead their character just does the silent treatment, no interaction at all, and the player complains that no one wants to Rp with them or that their threads are boring.

The player that's constantly online and posts short, simple, hard to reply to posts, then claims with smug superiority that they just have SO much muse and creativity and that's why they're the fastest poster.

No, it's because your posts suck and have no depth or anything to really reply to in terms of actions or dialogue, and you have no job so you sit on the computer all day monopolizing every single open thread.  Even if you have a closed thread with those two characters already.

• Preach it! 2

The player who showed up to make a racist remark and then tried to back pedal when they were called out by staff members. Yeah no. We just don't tolerate that kind of comment. Please go and don't come back. 

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 2

Reality is an illusion. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/7/2017 at 7:53 PM, SithLordOfSnark said:

The player who is constantly complaining about drama, but they're the main cause of it.

Yeaaah, this has happened a lot since I've been RPing... 

As for me.....

That player who complains about no RP but puts no effort to even try to plot with other members.

• Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

The player who makes a character for an important position, refuses to have any interaction at all apart from their ship (ignoring the duties of the position) and then throws a tantrum when the character loses the position because he wasn't doing his job, and we needed someone to do it for the plot to move.

Sorry, bro, you can play house without having a major position in the plot. >.>

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Shady McShaderson

The player who comes forward volunteering big plottings, awesomely connected to things already in progress --- and then once given the green light to run with their idea makes 0 effort in doing anything with the idea. Then complains Staff is somehow shutting the idea out. 

The player who crashes a thread only to promptly stop replying to it.

• Agree 1
  • Preach it! 3

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 6/18/2017 at 2:25 PM, anthrxmilkshake said:

A player who complains about wanting posts, needing RP, and begs literally everyone they see to join them in an RP without fail...but has several bloody posts to reply to and those people they owe are left going "Uhm...what about me?"

THIS.

Players that you literally have to ask for replies from, else you never get them. They tie into the above - the ones always looking for new plots, but never finishing the threads they started with other people. Dude, I'm not holding your hand.

The older aged member that acts entitled and above the rules just because they're older than the staff. 

Edited by Sammiie

Player X: constantly complains about other boards and how nobody likes him there and how dare people throw a hissy that he’s made them uncomfortable and how dare the admins of said place warn him he’s not to do that thing that did it again. ...Never plots with anyone. Ignores every thread made for him. Complains no one will play with him and how it’s so hard to get threads.

Player Y: makes transphobic jokes in chat. Pouts when told to stop and then makes lame passive aggressive jabs about how he’d have a response to that but it’s “inappropriate.” Told to stop doing that. He does. Proceeds to ask the same question five million times in different ways. Offers to make five million characters...finishes one or two. Never posts. Begs everyone for plots, but when they ask him what he had in mind or who he’d like to plot with in their roster he ghosts the conversation and logs off of chat. Complains when his character gets marked inactive. Told to post within 30 days to reactivate said character. Said post can be as little as a single period in a specific forum. Doesn’t post. In fact, disappears. Loses character. Gets kicked. Confronts staff about it and says he prefers 1 on 1 roleplay anyway, but was gracing us with his presence. Oh and he was gonna app so and so don’t we want so and so on our board? *facepalm*

Edited by Brie

The player who threatens to steal another player's custom site skin after the other player told them no.

• Cringe 2

The singular case of the player whose criteria for a ship (it's always about a bloody ship) are so damn precise and defined that they could just write it up in fanfic. However, for some obscure reason, they are absolutely desperate for another person to write it for them, wonder why their "plot" is not attractive to other players, and sulk when suggestions towards flexibility are made.

frustrated ryan gosling GIF

Edited by Let-make-nice
  • Preach it! 2