Hosting

MR. CHRIS EVANS

Question

I have a few questions about the hosting: 

1. What are the terms of the Free Hosting? Like, is there a specific list we have to do in order for it to keep free? 

2. How long can a Forum account remain inactive before a hosting account is removed. 

3. What Forum softwares are allowed/can be used with the hosting package? 

Thanks <3 

3 answers to this question

• Admin

Hello @MR. CHRIS EVANS

1. Our free hosting terms are actually listed in the hosting package itself. It will remain free for as long as we host people. Our hosting package is donation-ware. What this means is that if you are capable and want to show your support for our site and perpetuate our free hosting you can donate monthly to the cause.
    The terms are listed at the bottom:
  2. Over 90 days. If you would like to keep it active after that time than you can send in a support ticket and I will leave the account be. I don't do sweeps of inactive accounts very often (in fact I just did my first one in about a year about two weeks ago). Unless I find an inactive account to be server affecting it will remain for at least 90+ days.
  3. You can use whatever you are comfortable with however we recommend secure scripts as things like IPB 1.3 have many security holes and is easily hacked we do not recommend that. We also are very strict about hacked softwares. If you don't own a license than don't install it on our server (softwares like IPS and Xenforo etc). If you would like me to install it the list of what I'm willing to install is in the "Software Install" package however we offer a free service called Softaculous which will auto-install most free forum softwares.

I hope that answers all of your questions. <33

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• Admin

Not a problem. <33

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.