Member Comfort Sheets

Uaithne

• Admin

You can have it that way @Cyn but again I will never join that site. Ever. It immediately excludes me (even though you think it doesn't) because I will not fill that out. It especially excludes me because I have to express my sentiment on every character. I think I'd be less adverse if it were OOC but even then I'm not willing.

For me, this has fully to do with the culture on your site that you want to cultivate. If this is the culture, its not my type of site (personally).

This has to do with the same sort of privacy I provide here. While I require knowing your birth date for mature content it doesn't mean everyone else has to know how old you are! The choice is yours on whether it's public or private.

• I read this! 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

There was no disrespect intended, of course. Everyone has their own way of doing things and the members on my site feel safer knowing that their limits are respected. Our sheet says specifically that no-one has to explain their ratings because that's for them to know and no-one else. All our sheets are there for is to help people to be mindful of others triggers and limits and/or to find people who are like minded that they can plot with. I'm lucky that we have so many members that no-one ever feels excluded. To each their own. My set up works for us, but that doesn't mean it will work for everyone.

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 1
Find me on my sites!
The Next Incantation :: The Last Island

Guest Archaic Cyborg

Yeah no, I wouldn't join. As someone with a couple triggers, it's up to me to share that information with the mods in private, and only with a player or two if and when it is necessary. Filling out a comfort sheet or other similar OOC profiles honestly feels like I'm joining a strange sort of elite dating site, where applicants need to make absolutely sure, with 'evidence', that they're a good match for the community.

I don't mean to say that mods will reject a person because they mentioned they don't, say, like alcohol. The act of filling an extra form adds a formality that, frankly, is too much and too personal for a role play: or other community.

Tying into this is the fact that I don't know if I'll stay: or if the game will last more than a week! I'll know if i'm comfortable after playing and plotting; I won't know just by filling a form, or reading other players' ooc forms. I usually can tell if I'll fit just from reading character apps, e.g if the majority write about unrealistic, dramatic rape stories? I'm noping  out.

I'm a member of @Cyn's website (co-administrator) and my perspective on it is that personally, I wouldn't join a website without a comfort sheet. That said, I prefer our comfort sheet since it asks that explanations are left off and kept to a simple rating - this means that if you don't care for writing smut but you are comfortable with it, it's entirely up to you to rate it a 2 or a 3, and it also means that members aren't triggered just by reading other member's comfort sheets! I wouldn't feel comfortable writing with members who hadn't filled out a comfort sheet. I'm triggered by a few things and belong to a community in which these are important to address, and I would be entirely uncomfortable writing with someone without knowing where their lines were.

It also has the benefit of helping people pinpoint the sensitive topics that members are okay with writing like @Uaithne said, allowing members to potentially pick up plots that many people may not be comfortable with. (God, I love Taboo plots.)

• I read this! 1

I'd consider it on an app if it was done as RPG Ratings do. With 3 numbers so you have a vague idea of what you're getting in to as opposed to laying it out there for the entire site to see that you're into scat and pregnancy.

• I read this! 1

Based upon the thoughts and discussions you guys have brought up here, I'm thinking about doing a member list where everyone fills out a form and posts it in a specific thread.  They can update it as needed.  Here's what I'm thinking:

Your Name:

Time Zone:

Best Way of Contact:

Your characters: (with links to their profiles)

- Blah

- Blah

- Blah

Any particular plots you’re interested in? (Just a general idea.  You can always contact members or post in the “Ideas and Discussions” or “Requests” to get it started.)

Anything you’d like us to know about you?

. . . . . .

Of course I'm open to suggestions.

WoL___dark01.png

For the curious, I brought this subject up on my board and the response was a resounding "Hell no" for a wide variety of reasons. It's been really nifty to see their responses.

• I read this! 1
  • Love 1
  • Thank you 1
  • LOL 1