Lily's Southern AF Bacon Biscuit Gravy

Bishop

Fry that bacon. Fry it so hard in a big pan. Set you out two cups of milk to room temp.

Drain that freaking pan until there is about 3tbs of grease left in there, leave those leftover bacon chunks too. (the rest of the bacon is on a plate waiting for the table) Cool it down a little, meaning don't start a grease fire. I like to turn mine to about med-high/med until I get the flower in because I've got scars on my arms to tell a tale. Take you a big spoon full of flower and throw it right on the grease. With a wooden spoon even out the flower so there are not lumps and it is bubbling up.  Keep stirring! The trick is to not let it sit long! But do this slow! It helps too if you sing the Seawitch's part in The Little Mermaid to pass the time. This is also the time you salt and pepper it. Yes. I know, clogging the heart as we speak, but trust me. Add the salt and pepper BEFORE the milk and you won't have lumps. 

Once you get that flower all darkish and a creamy bubble toss that milk in...slowly. Don't touch the heat of the fire yet! Keep stirring! Stir. Stir. Stir, but slow--and with a wooden spoon. It will start to bubble too. When this happens, turn it down to low....like super low stir for a bit, taste it to make sure there is enough pepper and just let it hang out. (this is when I pull the biscuits from the oven and set the table)

Once you are ready to eat, move the bacon gravy to a bowl and get that yummy junk to the table.

• I read this! 2

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

• 8 months later...

I'm definitely going to make this. <3

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png