Just another Thistle

ThistleProse

Hello folks!

I have wandered over from my usual haunt of RPG-D.

I've been RPing since approximately 2002. I know I was definitely RPing that year, but I may have started sooner, not sure. After a point all the years seem to just roll together into one big lump and finding exact starting points for habits becomes a bit difficult, at least for me! 

For the most part, I RP in Pern (I've been running my site for 5 years now), though I can also be found on a Z Nation RP, and I've dipped my toes into RL upon occasion, though haven't found somewhere to settle down at this point. I'm also building an original fantasy dragonrider RP site, because I wanted a more freelance world to play in than classic Pern can give. My goal is to have Bonds done by the end of the year, but we'll see how that goes - original fantasy comes with so much required lore x.x

I prefer forum based RP, though I've done a little bit of email in the past, it never really stuck with me outside of the occasional 1x1. I enjoy advertising sites I'm on, I find it relaxing haha, and I love talking with my RP partners about my characters, in or out of context of their latest RP adventures.

That's about it off the top of my head! :D

• I read this! 1

HaLp2lk.png
October-2017.png 

• Admin

Hey @ThistleProse welcome to the initiative. I think you're one of few people that like to advertise. I know that I'm not one of those people. Hope you enjoy your stay.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Thanks!

yeah, I know that I'm a bit odd with the advertising, but that's okay! Statistically, someone has to enjoy advertising! Lol xD

HaLp2lk.png
October-2017.png 

• Admin

True enough. I know someone here used to offer it as a service they would provide. If I had advertising forums on an RP I ran I would mind it.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Yes, I love Pern! It's such a great concept!

Thanks for the welcome, folks :)

HaLp2lk.png
October-2017.png 

Welcome!! It's nice to see another Pern Admin running amok. Welcome!! Looking forward to having some great chats. Good luck on your original fantasy game!!

I don't have any experience making a forum rp for original fantasy - but I have made original fantasy worlds for D&D before so I can tell you it's totally worth the work when your players start enjoying the world you've built for them to destroy enjoy.

Z

Hey Thistle! I'm wondering how you're managing to poke me twice at once. 

I personally enjoy advertising as well. I like seeing the flood of new people coming in and people remarking that they see our ad at every turn, though I wish some people were a little less nitpicky about it. I've come across a few people who would rather die than advertise, but someone has to keep the site on people's radar!

Anyway, welcome to the site and hope you're settling in well!

• 3 weeks later...

lol @Indio, I have no idea how I managed to poke you twice LOL. It keeps me amused though XD

@Zahhy I've found that a lot of people play DnD! I'm going to be joining a friend's group when I get home later this year, and I'm super excited, though also nervous af at doing the RP in real time! It's going to be so strange! :o

• I read this! 1

HaLp2lk.png
October-2017.png