Reasons to join a site

Robmin

So I'm working on a 'dashboard' type affair that has differing content based on if you're logged in or not. I'm working on the info for the guest view - and I'm trying to work out what I could put among reasons to join without sounding cliche.

So far I've worked out for its genre the site is rather unique (its a post apocalyptic rpg but its mother nature that's the threat), and its set up is unique with active risk vs reward set up. But I'm struggling to come up with more reasons without falling back onto 'friendly enthusiastic staff team' and 'actively being developed while listening to its community' cliches. Probably not helped by the fact that the reason I made the rp was "I had an itch to scratch this thing and there was no other rpgs that would scratch the itch so I made it"

Any other ideas I could use?

• LOL 1
adminuserbar.png.71315bfc91f356787fd0e77311e6f224.png

• Admin

So some of the big things to remember are the things that people find key to joining a site. Having it front and center is always good.

App type

Word count

Sandbox or no

Sort of creatures you accept.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I find that adding fairly goofy reasons can help show your board's sense of humor, to an extent.

For example, when summing up CW I, usually, do something along the lines of the following:

No character limit

250 wordcount

Limited activity checks

Way too many Cbox smilies

8+ species to choose from

Create your own fae lore

An obsession with want ads

So much smut

• LOL 1

You had me at: "I had an itch to scratch this thing and there was no other rpgs that would scratch the itch so I made it"

To be honest, if I wandered onto that as a tagline I'd be about 110% more inclined to join.

• LOL 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

9 hours ago, CovertSphinx said:

You had me at: "I had an itch to scratch this thing and there was no other rpgs that would scratch the itch so I made it"

To be honest, if I wandered onto that as a tagline I'd be about 110% more inclined to join.

That is LITERALLY what made me start "We Are Human". I literally went "is there already a Long Dark RPG?" -googles- -finds an old interest check- -finds nothing happened of it- -mopes-.

I WANT TO SCRATCH THE ITCH! LETS MAKE MY OWN! 

• Love 1
adminuserbar.png.71315bfc91f356787fd0e77311e6f224.png

- large, easy-to-read font

- interesting locations --> I love when admins include plot ideas in the descriptions of the location boards and sub-boards

- attractive site layout/skin

- no word count

- lively cbox conversation (I know you can't do anything about this at this point)

• I read this! 1

I'd go for quality over quantity with the reasons. I don't see that it matters if you have only 2 or 3 reasons in list versus 7 or 8, if those 2 or 3 are solid reasons. I think it makes them stand out more.

You can always add more later if you aren't getting the response you want.