Drama from nowhere?

Honorem

Some people have a hard time separating IC from OOC drama. I personally love IC drama and I've always been able to separate it from OOC. I think you can start off by explaining it to her gently that not every character is going to like yours, and that's what keeps things interesting. You can go on to assure her that the player has no problem with her as well if you feel like it's necessary. 

But if it continues then you'll probably have to put your foot down and really drill it in that it's IC not OOC and if they can't handle a character not liking theirs then they should RP those characters together. It gets to a point where you just have to tell them like it is and let them know that you aren't going to play therapist to them every time something like this happens. It's a bad precedence to set that only get worse as time goes on. 

• I read this! 2

azqw7jG.png

• 3 weeks later...

As my avatar indicates- I play Rose Wilson a lot. And let's say, she isn't always very nice. Hard hitting physically and verbally. 

As someone who tends to play some rough and tumble characters- I've ran into this kind of situation once so far. I was threading with someone newer and was excited. I gave them my best Rose banter and snark I could manage (it was a canon only site and I thought this person would love it, as the other member's character is heavily involved with Rose comic wise)- they ended up contacting the Admin, telling them they thought I hated them and was being rude.

I couldn't wrap my head around it personally, because I thought I was giving them some awesome Ravager sass and it ended up being taken the wrong way.  If all characters loved each other and were nice to each other, that would be no fun! (Lol I stop babbling)

Personally, that would be a huge red flag. It's a bit dramatic and frankly, they could stop threading or role playing with the other player. Simple. 

And cboxes are a no-go. I'd send them a PM. If that causes more drama- then you have your answer. They may need to take a time out and come back when they are ready.

Edited by Bamf
  • I read this! 1

pVV8ahF.png8rS34YE.png