Who does tabletop?

Claire

Last year I started playing with some folks on my site, doing a 5e campaign on roll20 - The Lost Mine of Phandelver. We've since done a Drow only game, Storm King's Thunder, goblin only, and I am starting Vampire the Masquerade next week and another 5e this when SKT is done.

I really love playing via Skype, and I love the interactions, not the leveling up (though that is fun when you get cool upgrades or spells!). Rolling for wisdom and failing and ending up married to a barbarian chieftain's daughter was hilarious! As was trying to seduce a dragon with my drow! Incidentally, another player joined our campaign and is playing the wife my bard ended up married to. It's so awesome!

So anyone else play face to face or via things like roll20? Give me your stories?! lol

Edited by Claire
  • I read this! 1

[Image: 596681d458799_NewLogo.png.581b0fb709d0e4...420b58.png]

An established, non canon, Dragon Age RP
coupleofkooks

I have a DnD group I play over roll20! I love it, it's so much fun :3 It's less RP-focused, because a couple of our members drink a lot and one of them is a giant douche even when he's NOT drunk, but we squeeze in as much as we can! We tend to focus a LOT less on like, social stuff? Because our GM has no idea how to handle them. So mostly combat, occasional interactions in town, I ship my character with one of the NPC's, a good time all around! We just finished Lost Mines of Phandelver, and we're about to do a FATE game, then um... Edge of the Empire. We swap a bit because our GM gets bored XD

But yeah I think a couple of my favorite scenarios were one adventure when we were hunting down sahagin that had been menacing a city, and our dwarf paladin was just TERRIFIED of water. So the rest of us are jumping in the water, fighting (as much as that makes sense), and chasing the fishbacks to their cave, and that dwarf was just sitting up there "Yeah, guys, I got the boats! It's okay!" I think he scaled the mast of one of them when a sahagin tried to come over the side of the boat and pull him in XD 

And then in the last Edge game we played, this one guy was playing a human diplomat/medic sort, soft-spoken, sweet as pie, timid, but when we were fleeing from these bounty hunters, like on-planet, run into the ship, take off, door open, with dudes climbing in, this guy, he LEAPED out of the ship to HIGH-SPEED PUNCH a dude who had some sort of grapple holding our ship down. It was amazing XD 

• Love 1

12 hours ago, Kittenmitten said:

I have a DnD group I play over roll20! I love it, it's so much fun :3 It's less RP-focused, because a couple of our members drink a lot and one of them is a giant douche even when he's NOT drunk, but we squeeze in as much as we can! We tend to focus a LOT less on like, social stuff? Because our GM has no idea how to handle them. So mostly combat, occasional interactions in town, I ship my character with one of the NPC's, a good time all around! We just finished Lost Mines of Phandelver, and we're about to do a FATE game, then um... Edge of the Empire. We swap a bit because our GM gets bored XD

But yeah I think a couple of my favorite scenarios were one adventure when we were hunting down sahagin that had been menacing a city, and our dwarf paladin was just TERRIFIED of water. So the rest of us are jumping in the water, fighting (as much as that makes sense), and chasing the fishbacks to their cave, and that dwarf was just sitting up there "Yeah, guys, I got the boats! It's okay!" I think he scaled the mast of one of them when a sahagin tried to come over the side of the boat and pull him in XD 

And then in the last Edge game we played, this one guy was playing a human diplomat/medic sort, soft-spoken, sweet as pie, timid, but when we were fleeing from these bounty hunters, like on-planet, run into the ship, take off, door open, with dudes climbing in, this guy, he LEAPED out of the ship to HIGH-SPEED PUNCH a dude who had some sort of grapple holding our ship down. It was amazing XD 

Kitten, if you need another player for anything, or wanna join any of my games let me know! We do a good balance of social, battle etc, all our GM's are fab with that stuff! 

We swap between stuff too, nice for variety right? Got some homebrew stuff coming on the server soon, which will be fun. Plus a Dragon Age set in the Sixth Blight.

I think my favourite character to play has to be my 5e bard, Trystan. I was told how most people hate playing bards or playing with them, mostly because people do it wrong, but I've loved it and so have my group! I mean, Trystan was in a small homebrew game originally and others begged me to bring him to 5e. It helped that I rolled 18's for most of his starting stats! He is just so good at talking the group into and out of situations, plus performing. I even sing (badly) for the group and make up poems for them about our adventures. :P

[Image: 596681d458799_NewLogo.png.581b0fb709d0e4...420b58.png]

An established, non canon, Dragon Age RP
coupleofkooks