Directory Question

the actual duck

Question

Hi, I'm trying to add my rp into the directory but I can't seem to find the button to submit a new entry. Are submissions closed or am I just blind and can't find the button for this? Thanks in advance for any help regarding this matter!

sig1.gif
snb_button.png

10 answers to this question

*facepalm* Geez. I've had this account for a while and I thought that I had already posted in the directory before. Thanks for your help!

sig1.gif
snb_button.png

• Admin

Hey @the actual duck you may have posted your site on our sister site, Distant Fantasies.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• Admin

Hello @the actual duck I have verified that the "Add a Link" button is in the directory while logged into your account. If you do not see it in the top right of the directory then what you need to do is log out and log back in.

image.thumb.png.4101c402f50d425a658b6456dd7e50d1.png

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Hey! I'm glad I found this question because I was totally derping too. When I read the 10 post requirement I thought it meant 10 posts on your site not 10 posts here since it wasn't very specific.. I'm glad I'm not the only one who did that...

headder.jpg

• Admin

Hey @Mommadragon It actually is specific as the second rule is that you must have 1IC post on your site. Thanks for the feedback though.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Oh no I understood that part, what I meant was the first rule that says you have to have 10 posts. What I thought that meant was 10 posts on your site not 10 posts on RPG Initiative. The rule says: You must have 10 posts or more, and I assumed that meant 10 posts on the site you want to submit to the directory.. So I was a little confused about why I couldn't find the button to submit my site until I read this thread.

I figured that first rule meant if you don't have 10 posts on your site it won't get approved for the directory and I'm like well that's not a problem my site has 10 posts... For people who are a little derpy like me if that first rule read 'you must have 10 posts on RPG Initiative' then I probably wouldn't have spent a while staring and refreshing the screen trying to figure out where the submit button was.

headder.jpg

• Admin

We will consider updating that rule however you are the first person to bring it to our attention that it's confusing in any way in over a year.

As I mentioned in my last post, the second and third rules clarify how we define the difference between our site and your site (see image below). With this it means that the 10 posts are expected here as we do not use the "Your site" identifier.

image.png

We use this sort of identification on many of our resources so that we are not adding redundant information for members.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png