Attracting members

I really like the group that I'm a part of, and I want it to grow. I've tried advertising it on all the sites I can think of to attract more members. Anyone have any ideas on what more I can do? Or some good sites to advertise on?

tumblr_static_6ivdjzzdht44oow80s8gwo44s.gif.f8f02728c35f7b252d20ab38eb44cccb.gif

I would make the fonts bigger/easier to read on the tumblr so that they stand out more. (It could put people off having to squint and you can do it in the html/css editor. I've edited quite a number of tumblr layouts because the font is too small, so I can help with that if you need it.) I have been on tumblr myself for a while but I find it difficult to get people following my character blogs on there. (I've mainly used them as an extended profile for my twitter accounts because there's no way I can get all the info I need on the twitter accounts on there, and use them for posting solos which would be broken up otherwise.

I think that your best bet to get members to join would be to make a twitter account for it and follow twitter rp groups as there are quite a few of them around, follow 'rp pimp' accounts and take it from there. A lot of the rp forum resource sites that are around seem to focus on rp forums, so I don't know how effective they will be for you. (You'd probably have to ask the moderators and admins on how to advertise your tumblr group on them.)

I started out as an independent rper, not tied to a group, so it's good to see someone who started out as I did on here!

Edited by Icewolf
  • Thank you 1

Topsites! Be consistent with voting and remind current members. Make the buttons easy to access as well. 

Also tumblr has some great ways to advertise! http://rpgadverts.tumblr.com/ being one of them.

I literally google "advertise my role play forum" - I'm a newbie- don't judge!

Also, google analytics!  https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/#embed/report-home/a93977823w138851577p143229712/

It will show you where your traffic is coming from. That way you aren't wasting too much time in places that you aren't getting any results from. 

I've heard of people using facebook and twitter as well- but I haven't dive that far yet. 

Good luck!

(Also recommend making the advertisement fun or interesting in some fashion- a bit of click bait)

pVV8ahF.png8rS34YE.png

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'll try your suggestions and hope they work. 

By the way, @Bamf, it's not a forum, it's a tumblr site

Edited by disneyfangirl

tumblr_static_6ivdjzzdht44oow80s8gwo44s.gif.f8f02728c35f7b252d20ab38eb44cccb.gif

@disneyfangirl, I assume your site is a fandom? If so then use the fandom sites to advertise on, and fanfic writers too!

[Image: 596681d458799_NewLogo.png.581b0fb709d0e4...420b58.png]

An established, non canon, Dragon Age RP
coupleofkooks

On 7/9/2017 at 9:21 PM, disneyfangirl said:

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'll try your suggestions and hope they work. 

By the way, @Bamf, it's not a forum, it's a tumblr site

Whoops! My bad! <3 

Got too excited about helping!! lol

Good luck! If you find anything new and interesting in advertising, let us know! <3

• I read this! 1

pVV8ahF.png8rS34YE.png

• 2 weeks later...

Awww. Sometimes it feels like that. Two weeks ago, I'm not even kidding you, I spent six hours advertising. And didn't see results within the first week. I was fustrated. But finally got some results the end of week two. It's easy to say be patient, harder to actually be patient. Good luck hon♥️♥️♥️♥️

• I read this! 1

pVV8ahF.png8rS34YE.png

• 2 weeks later...

I got like this a month back when I did all this advertising and got almost no hits. What really helps is also showing that your board is active, so post something on a forum every so often! Use your cbox if you have one and write a message everyday even if it's a simple hello. It shows that the site is still alive <3 Keep your chin up and keep working through it <3

• I read this! 1
  • Love 1

jak_sig_2sec_by_accenlia-dbcyqh8.gif

Not all things last... Some thrive in the fire while others die
Original High Medieval Fantasy || 3-3-3