CW aims for simplicity once you get past our massive hoard of lore. 

Activity checks exist to keep inactive players from holding faces/ranks and to make it so people know who they can actually post with and get a response. Plus helps us keep the census up to date so certain members (they know who they are) stop giving me a hard time about forgetting it for a solid six months. <.<

No rank? Grats, you don't have to have any post requirements. Rank? You have to have one thread. And they happen every other month. Just list the characters you are keeping, the ones you are getting rid of. Bam done. We have it open for two weeks, so people literally have half a month to try to hit it and over the course of three years I think we've had one incident of someone missing it and coming back later wanting their stuff reopened. 

As a bonus, if someone has an away up/has kept staff in the loop about real world, we tend to let them slide. Real world comes first.

• I read this! 2

Thank you all that have posted already! 

So many things to consider, everyone helped a lot. I like knowing how others are doing things!

I'm still undecided, (We just put on a new skin and working out all the little stuff right now, so my brain is a little fried!).

And please continue with any and all suggestions!

<3<3<3<3<3

Edited by Bamf

pVV8ahF.png8rS34YE.png

Another site I ran years ago did one every six months or so. That way it kept things up to date, without being too overwhelming. Just post what characters you've got going/don't want to delete and off you go.

• I read this! 1

Guest Archaic Cyborg

You could start out with a really simple activity check system, and make it obvious that it MIGHT change and adapt to suit the community's needs. Because you never really know how a new game will turn out, apart from players who lurk and are indecisive for days or weeks. sometimes a plan or rule doesn't quite work once you have a community started, and it's fine if you do minor edits, so long as you don't pull any SURPRISE, YOU PLAYERS NOW NEED 30 POSTS PER MONTH!!1112

I alternated between a role call at the end of every month, to once every 2 months. I use them because it keeps players on their toes and are technically responsible for their own activity.

I don't care how easy it is ,  I refuse to chase after members. If someone hasn't signed in for weeks or whathaveyou, it's not my job to track them down and remind them to come back and post. Once you get sucked into doing that, you'll be chasing after 12+ missing or 'forgetful' players at every role call. An admin has a lot of tasks to do already. If a player can't be arsed to reply to one role call thread per month, then how can they get any scenes done?