I'm so tired of...

Morrigan

I'm tired of hearing a flood of passive aggressive comments each time something new is happening.

I'm tired of worrying about how to attract new players while still pleasing old players.

• I read this! 4

static-historicalrp.jpg

"Indiana was the dog!"

I am tired of trying to find ways to keep a site from dying when none of the members want change.

• I read this! 4
  • Agree 2

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories

I'm tired of people who use "but roleplaying is a hobby we do for fun!" as a shield against any form of criticism.

• Don't you think you could stand to branch out more beyond your writing comfort zones? "It's supposed to be a fun hobby!"
  • Don't you think that was a rather offensive stereotype you're RPing as? "It's supposed to be a fun hobby!"
  • Don't you think you're being a bit inflexible when it comes to being a RPer? "It's supposed to be a fun hobby!"

And so on so forth.

Edited by Lawman
  • I read this! 5

7 hours ago, Lawman said:

I'm tired of people who use "but roleplaying is a hobby we do for fun!" as a shield against any form of criticism.

• Don't you think you could stand to branch out more beyond your writing comfort zones? "It's supposed to be a fun hobby!"
  • Don't you think that was a rather offensive stereotype you're RPing as? "It's supposed to be a fun hobby!"
  • Don't you think you're being a bit inflexible when it comes to being a RPer? "It's supposed to be a fun hobby!"

And so on so forth.

To carry this one forward, my favorite:

I am so tired of people who use 'RP is just a hobby' to literally treat it as the least important thing in their life.

I totally get it when people get busy, when RL slows them down on replying and participating. All that's cool. But when you blow off tagging just to watch TV every time I check in with you because you told me you'd tag yesterday, and you still haven't... and then whine at me that RP is *just* a hobby when I point out it's not fair to commit to a game and not at least communicate when you can't keep up with the pace you agreed to keep? It is not a video game you can just turn off when you're busy, it's a group activity with others depending on you to hold up your part of the story. So either write when you agreed to, tell us when you can't so we can move around your characters, or find a game that can match your pace.

• I read this! 7
  • Love 1

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

I'm tired of people blaming their lack of activity on their "muse." Please be more specific. If you're too busy IRL, say it. If you can't think of a reply, let me know! Maybe there is some way I can help, or there is something that's not clear in my post that I can clarify. If you're tired of this thread, we  can end this one and start another one if you wish.  But furthermore, if you're not posting now, when can I expect you to post? I'll stop asking you every day if you give me a real answer besides just "I don't have muse today" day after day after day.

• I read this! 4

WoL___dark01.png

I agree @Death Kitten and @Lawman!

I have used the "roleplay is a hobby" many times BUT while I use it I am trying to get others to understand that hobbies need to be cultivated!

• I read this! 3

Find me at:

OOC drama between RPers.

I know I'll never escape it. It's just a fact of life and the way things are when dealing with a community, but that doesn't mean I won't get tired of it and get exhausted by it every time things come up.

• I read this! 1

Mythic Frontier, a Weird and Wild Western RPG

A blend of Cthulhu Horror, Supernatural and the Wild Wild West.
Join the Discord!
mythicbtn.gif 

Other Interesting Sites:
?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FFOjc0AH.

Want your Discord chat in embedded on your site? I am a developer on TitanEmbeds.
Please feel free to PM/Discord me if you need assistance!
Addy#5522

I'm tired of feeling like our thread doesn't matter to you.

I get it, rping smut with your bestie is great fun and all, but you've left me hanging for days now and it just makes me feel like you're uninterested

Anonymous poster hash: 1a886...787

• I read this! 2

On 8/13/2017 at 7:02 PM, Uaithne said:

I'm tired of people blaming their lack of activity on their "muse."

Oh god yes, lol.

I am kinda tired of playing the same plot over and over and over again...

[Image: 596681d458799_NewLogo.png.581b0fb709d0e4...420b58.png]

An established, non canon, Dragon Age RP
coupleofkooks

• Operations Mod

I'm tired of dealing with writers who assume that just because my character engaged in a relationship with one of their characters, that my character now has some kind of obligation to stay in the relationship. Some people get really nasty about it. 

I'm tired of writers who insist on long posts, even though only a sentence or two actually does anything to move the plot forward. If its not relevant to moving the story along, leave it out. I don't care what color the damn drapes are. 

I'm tired of people joining sites only to vanish before they ever even post. I'm even more tired of people who really engage in plots and stuff and then vanish out of the blue. 

I'm tired of getting stuck in roleplays with a partner who is only interested in smut. Sex is one of the most repetitive and boring things to write about -.-

Edited by Dragon
  • I read this! 2
  • Agree 2

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

I am so tired of reviewing applications for potential new members that are glaringly incomplete, only to be told by the potential new member, that they can't see what is missing when you offer them help.

E.g. all of the images are missing except for the main one.  Information is incorrect, or in the wrong place, the rules have not been followed when creating the accounts etc. etc.

Then when you send a carefully worded PM and very kindly offer help to fix the items so they can be approved, outlining them in the PM, they fix two and ignore the rest and continue in the Cbox as if all is great with the world.  So you need to get firm with them, and then they just vanish. Yeah, thanks.

Edited by Dusty
  • I read this! 2
  • Preach it! 1

5a691fb4de413_advertisingbanner_rpginitiativeTS.png.699678f5663abf3c750d133673768a18.png

Plot | Rules | Canons | Wanted | Advertising

• Admin
9 hours ago, Dragon said:

I'm tired of getting stuck in roleplays with a partner who is only interested in smut. Sex is one of the most repetitive and boring things to write about -.-

I don't think I can like this enough! OMG! I'm making a new reaction to this!!!

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I'm so tired of ungrateful douchebags!

I agree that hobbying is a thing and some people take it more seriously than others but seriously? If someone gives up time, time that they have little of or time that they would normally be doing somethings else, to help you, it's not kind to shit all over them.

Poking someone doing something for free for you for improvements on a site that you want to create. Give them time and space. Don't poke them every fucking day. Not everyone has 24 hours a day to do whatever the fuck they want. Some of us have obligations. Whether it be work, children, spouses/significant others etc. Hell Getting away from the computer can be an important obligation to some of us techno-children.

If you can't respect it then fuck off. Seriously. Go away.

Anonymous poster hash: e0f2c...e45

I am so tired of people wanting to give up and close a site instead of accepting the 'old way' isn't working and things need to change.

• I read this! 2

Find me at:

The old "I'm going to delete/flip this account/leave this site, etc because no one cares about my character/or will miss him/her threat."

I just saw this tonight and well, the truth of the matter is I would have bothered about their character if:

- They were around more.

- Didn't play this kind of games with me where they pretend to be interested in my character when they aren't.

- Acknowledged the family relationship my character(s) had with theirs.

- Answered my starters.

- Sent me starters.

- Had not let me down multiple times in the past.

At this stage, I don't really care what you do and looking at your accounts/past characters just makes me feel sad. I'm pretty certain they only post these threats to delete/flip, etc, because they want to make me feel bad.

Apologies for the rant, but I was having a good evening until I saw this.

Anonymous poster hash: 251eb...178

• I read this! 1