I'm so tired of...

Morrigan

• Admin

I've been roleplaying for almost 21 years and after a while you get tired of doing things and whatnot.

I understand that this will be similar to pet peeves of roleplay. However I'm looking for more things that you wish you didn't have to do but you know they are standard.

I'm so tired of apps.

I'm so tired of having to create a roleplay sample on top of an app.

I'm o tired of people dogging on one liners like they are a taboo.

• I read this! 5
  • Preach it! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I am so tired of fleets for Star Trek sims.

• I read this! 2
  • Thank you 1

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

I'm tired of new members gobbling up Adoptables and never playing them.

I'm tired of explaining Fanon vs Canon vs Site Lore.

I'm tired of people using games as a place to explore their own demons and not being able to separate the two. 

I want people to be happy and have fun but I'm so tired about fighting over these things.

• I read this! 5
  • Fuck Yeah! 1

I am so tired of art stealing and lack of crediting!

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1

[Image: 596681d458799_NewLogo.png.581b0fb709d0e4...420b58.png]

An established, non canon, Dragon Age RP
coupleofkooks

I'm so tired of conflict mediation, and having to explain what should've been pretty common sense concepts like how to live and let live, or not getting the last word in during a disagreement isn't the end of the world. 😑

And the worst part is that even people whom I know are pretty intelligent and really ought to know better, aren't immune to this. When egos collide and emotions run high, suddenly who's right no longer becomes relevant, and it becomes a contest to see who can get the last word in.

Edited by Lawman
  • I read this! 4
  • Preach it! 3

I'm so tired of people playing characters that are masters of everything under the sun.  I mean, come on...your character is 12 for crying out loud.  How in the hell can they be a master swordsman, magic user, able to forge blades and armor AND rule a Kingdom with the Wisdom and integrity of an adult.  

• I read this! 6
  • LOL 1

I'm so tired of people doing the whole 'bumping/tripping into you' thing as a way for characters to cross paths.

• I read this! 5
  • Preach it! 2

Guest Archaic Cyborg

I'm so tired of people who think they know how to run your game better than you, and they're typically a guest. 'it'd be better if you allowed this instead of that, u kno.'

I'm so  tired of people who assume what your post contains, and then get shitty ad lol-aggro when you correct them.

I'm so tired or people who  treat games like a personal sandbox. Who proceed to huff and puff when they're told to branch out. A community = everyone mingling. The concept isn't hard!

People mentioning food in rps, especially when all a character does is bake/cook and it's generally something that female characters are doing. Please, have them doing something else. (I must admit that I am guilty of it too, sometimes) but it's become an epidemic, like when almost everyone has their character pregnant all at the same time.

It usually goes like this - Writer posts picture of food, has character say 'Come and get it!' or 'Feel free to help yourself!' or something similar...

Everyone then is supposed to respond [Takes a bite.] 'This is good!'

Repeat....

(I don't mind food so much if it's a party, or something seasonal, but this is like every time they are online.)

Edited by Icewolf

I'm so tired of hoop jumping. Why do I have to do all this stuff to just ROLEPLAY? Write an application, DO IT RIGHT, get pended twelve times, finally get approved, have to reply in the OTHER person's shipper when they post to yours... Just. Stop. 

• I read this! 2
  • Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Preach it! 1

Reality is an illusion.