I'm so tired of...

Morrigan

Just now, Shades said:

13, please, it's my favorite number. TY <3

Can do.

Likewise: I'm tired of people looking for sites with CRAZY specific needs and turning down literally everything suggested. I understand you want your specific 72 faces, but 3 of them are taken, surely you can overlook that? Nope! Apparently not! END OF THE WORLD

OR! When they give a vague "I want a site" with no other information so the responses is just an absolute madhouse of everyone shoving things at them. Go look at a damn directory.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 2

The thing I'm tired of most is drama. I was on a site awhile back with some people who caused nothing but drama. And not the good in-character kind, but the "This is so unfair why don't I get any plots, I'm going to throw a fit" kind. 

Or if a topic was finally started, it never got finished. I understand some topics just don't get finished, but I saw them actively posting with the others involved with the whole drama crap and completely avoiding my topic.

Edited by Goddess Freya
  • I read this! 1
  • Like 2
  • Preach it! 1

I'm so tired of the venn diagram of a) sites that tick all my boxes in terms of plots, setting and characters, and b ) sites with the type of community and roleplaying culture I really enjoy, looking like this:

513679-1C-37E-i3.png.0ef11035c439355cdfce55b7359d0f6a.png

• Agree 4

Y'all are gonna think I'm a total witch, but here goes....

I'm so tired of....

The person that posts and then pings me or emails me to tell me they have posted like half-a-second after they did the post. Nova immediately sends out an email when someone posts so I KNOW they've posted. They don't have to track me down to tell me. Added to that, they'll track me down even if I'm not in the same scene. *headdesk*

That one person that you've written with almost forever that never fails to ping you after they've responded to tags with the exact same comment: I replied in our scene. If my reply doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll rewrite it.  Now, I get this might be an indication of insecurity, but in all our years of writing, I've only ever asked for clarification on a couple of occasions. I've never asked for a rewrite. I also frequently tell this person that I'll let them know if there's ever a problem. *headdesk #2*

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • LOL 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

3 hours ago, Stormwolfe said:

Nova immediately sends out an email when someone posts so I KNOW they've posted. They don't have to track me down to tell me.

Times when Redundancy is a bad thing.  

• LOL 1

"Of all that is written, I love only what a man has written with

his own blood."  Friedrich Nietzsche ~ Thus Spake Zarathustra

3paIAn.gif 3pasUm.png 3ica7j.gif 3pa1UW.png 

9 hours ago, Stormwolfe said:

The person that posts and then pings me or emails me to tell me they have posted like half-a-second after they did the post. Nova immediately sends out an email when someone posts so I KNOW they've posted. They don't have to track me down to tell me. Added to that, they'll track me down even if I'm not in the same scene. *headdesk*

It sounds like you've been lucky and your nova email notifications have been reliable. Always delivered to your inbox, always sent promptly, etc... If so, I'm certainly jealous because I certainly haven't been that lucky. Nor have my players. Besides, sometimes someone needs to save mid tag, sometimes it's a multi-person log and the tag really should go to someone in particular (we make this complicated because we don't do tag order). So we have a channel on our discord dedicated to tag notifications, and make it a habit for all my players to mention people there when they've tagged, including any notes about their tag that they think might be useful. (It can make for some comical reading when you're getting no context commentary about a log, then when you read the finished piece you remember the side commentary and get it, finally).

Now, I don't know why they think that *emailing* you to say they've tagged is useful. If your email notification isn't working, two out of the three reasons for that are related to your email and means that their email to notify you might get eaten along with Nova's email.

I personally spent a lot of time tearing my hair out over nova email notifications before I finally was able to suss out how to us smtp instead php's mail process. Thank FSM that cleared up 90% of the spam false positives and bounced emails... though there are a couple of providers that still bounce my players notifications back at me regardless. I've had to outright ban yahoo mail for this reason, and gave another player an email on my hosting when his isp email started hard bouncing about the time I made crew emails a thing for players of 6+ months.

• Like 1

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

We have never had major issues with Nova's email delivery. The person I am referring to would track me down on whatever IM we were using at the time (did this for years). My bad for not being clearer. 

• Like 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

Having read through this whole thread, I found myself nodding or otherwise silently agreeing with a lot of what I saw.

I've got some rants I'm sitting on, all of them based around fandom-based RPs, but I won't dump them here all at once. Firstly, I'm tired of people who can't be mature and set their biases aside when they RP. Some characters have such aggressive hatedoms that I straight-up stopped playing them anywhere unless it was with good friends. The character won't even be doing anything wrong and other characters will just come up start treating them like utter shit. It's so painfully obvious that the other player(s) hate your character.

You wanna have your characters  hate mine's? Fine. Some of them have done/or do stuff that are pretty despicable, and all of them are flawed (because those kinds of characters are the most fascinating to me). Have your guys hate them for those reasons, not "OMG I think your character is stoopid/ugly/old/a threat to my OTP, lol." Or using fanon to support (nonsensical) arguments against them.

• Like 1
  • Preach it! 1