I'm so tired of...

Morrigan

9 hours ago, Anonymous said:

I'm tired of the fire balling negativity of the rp world. Everything is increasingly 'can't stand this' or 'worst player you ever' or "peeves about x" or those people who just piss, moan and whine about everything and crave attention. 

I'm increasingly starting to feel like role players are some of the whiniest, most negative people I ever interact with.

Anonymous poster hash: 738c2...a08

It's like I'm fond of saying, "Those who are constantly annoyed are often pretty annoying people themselves, too."

• Agree 3
  • LOL 1

Guest Parasite Eve

I'm tired of attention seeking people causing a tornado of drama about leaving a site where other members have to list all the reasons, beg and plead, offer words of love in order to get them to stay. It's only after all of this that they'll stay only weeks down the road they will cause another spectacle of leaving again. 

I swear I want to just rip my eyes out when this happens. I mean seriously if you are doing this every other week then take a break or leave! 

^ Same. I want to get to all the things and I do have some ideas percolating. At the same time, all I want to do is sleep so I don't have to think about everything going on IRL. I'm tired of being so tired! T^T

• Agree 1

Reality is an illusion. 

Guest Archaic Cyborg
On 1/10/2018 at 1:51 PM, Rune said:

I'm so tired of guests that pop in and go "hey" then are never seen again. Or express interest in a wanted... And are never seen again.

Why bother saying anything in the box if you aren't going to sit and chat or are just going to vanish? Look things over first, decide if you are going to put forth effort, THEN chat. Or at least ask a question. Greeting people only to be met with silence gets old after a while.

I get you want to see how the community handles new blood... But why does it matter if you don't even know the site/clearly aren't going to stick around?

I keep having this happen with kids that join, start chatting then see the BIG BOLD MUST BE 18+ TO JOIN  at the top of the cbox and then go "Aww, I can't join." How did you miss that? You can't access ANYTHING without verifying your age. It's on top of the box, its on the registering screen, it's sticked to the top of the information that you had to AGE VERIFY TO SEE.

People are blind to most obvious text! I always had that 'htw did you not see that heading??' problem with an early rpg. It couldn't have been more obvious but somehow, they missed it.

I am SO tired of losing against FFX's blitzball team the Luca Goers, and re-watching these forever-long cutscenes to get to the dang match to redo it so my bruddas can WIN for the first time in 23 years, I SWEAR TO GODS---oheyIjustbeatit:'D

But seriously, the headache from Blitzball is intense. T_T

• LOL 1

Guest Parasite Eve

I am sick of having a starter where there's no room for me to come in at all because the other person has controlled every aspect of the roleplay from their character to my character's thoughts and feelings, the action.

This recently happened to me. I had been plotting with the other person on their idea but that did not include them controlling how I decided to introduce my characters into the roleplay. They did that on their own. Moreover, the start was to include a battle which I was geared up to participate in. Instead, they made sure to bring the battle in their favor by depicting my character as not knowing any strategys resulting in a swift loss. I didn't even get a chance to respond to any of that until the end where their character bragged to my character about winning the battle.

I messaged them about it to no response of course.

On 03/04/2018 at 10:22 PM, Anonymous said:

I'm tired of the fire balling negativity of the rp world. Everything is increasingly 'can't stand this' or 'worst player you ever' or "peeves about x" or those people who just piss, moan and whine about everything and crave attention. 

I'm increasingly starting to feel like role players are some of the whiniest, most negative people I ever interact with.

Anonymous poster hash: 738c2...a08

There's a solution to that. xD Rather than "whine" (as you put it) in hypocrisy, you could promote positive threads like "WHAT'S YO' FAVOURITE THINGS ABOUT RP!" "I'M SO IN LOVE WITH..." et cetera. /thumbs up

In fact, I might go do that. xD We'll see if it catches on.

(P.S. There's nothing wrong with venting. You just gotta look for the positive aspects where they are and focus on those if/when you're feeling overwhelmed by people venting.)

On that note: I am tired of being tired. I really should go to bed but I dun wanna. DX /dug my own grave. xD

• Agree 1

I'm so tired of being called a bitch because someone can't handle the truth...

Anonymous poster hash: c0fe5...078

As an admin I get attached to my members who've been around a while. Active and friendly. So when I notice they stop showing up at the site I get hopeful to see them soon, only to see them active elsewhere while advertising or something. It's really disappointing. I try my best and put a lot of time and effort into my site but when that happens I start to think my efforts aren't good enough as this scenario continues to happen. I'm tired of feeling that way. I wish I could detach from it and be a stronger person and not let it get to me.

Anonymous poster hash: 4ea44...53b

• Love 4

19 hours ago, Anonymous said:

As an admin I get attached to my members who've been around a while. Active and friendly. So when I notice they stop showing up at the site I get hopeful to see them soon, only to see them active elsewhere while advertising or something. It's really disappointing. I try my best and put a lot of time and effort into my site but when that happens I start to think my efforts aren't good enough as this scenario continues to happen. I'm tired of feeling that way. I wish I could detach from it and be a stronger person and not let it get to me.

Anonymous poster hash: 4ea44...53b

Yeah, it's rare to find members who are genuine. Between the disappearances without a word (hey, I thought we had good threads going?), or the lame excuses (oh sorry I broke my tail!), it gets really sad. This hobby is sometimes like some macabre form of self-punishment, for staff at least.

• Like 1
  • Preach it! 3