I'm so tired of...

Morrigan

2 hours ago, MissQ said:

I'm so tired of the needless petty negative vibes. I occasionally read through confessions and peeves when I've got a minute to myself just to see if there are some common moods in the community. Lately, though? I've found some truly petty things to be upset about. To each their own, but damn. It's really made me double check where a few people play and avoid those sites like the plague. I'll just go breathe in this corner of the internet and hope your highness doesn't get offended. It's a hobby find someone to help pull that stick out of your behind. 

On a related note, I'm so tired of people who are needlessly confrontational/combative - these are often the same people (IMO) who spread such negative vibes - i.e. they're always out to prove someone wrong, or to show why their way of doing things is better, or that their perspective is more 'enlightened', and so on. Like, does it hurt so much to agree to disagree? Can't we accept that different doesn't always mean they're wrong or inferior? 

Edited by Lawman
  • I read this! 2
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1
  • Preach it! 1

I'm tired of purple prose when it gets to the point where I can't figure out the point of the posts.

I'm also tired of having a majority of threads with only 1 other player. eventually we both ended up getting burn out from threading together too much.

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Kazetatsu said:

I'm also tired of having a majority of threads with only 1 other player. eventually we both ended up getting burn out from threading together too much.

Yesssss! So much yes! Currently this doesn't affect me, but it has in the past. I feel ya!

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories

On 12/4/2017 at 10:49 AM, Stormwolfe said:

...of players saying, "I don't have anything in mind, but if you want to write something, my characters are free."

I seriously dislike contacting someone about a scene (threads I guess is the normal term) unless I have a good idea of what I want it to be about, a goal to accomplish - like moving the characters forward in a relationship of some type - and an ending (was the goal accomplished, are they now better friends or implacable enemies). I hate being asked if I want to write something! Well, yes! I'm on an RPG site so obviously I want to write something.

Just please contact me with an idea of why you want to involve your character in a thread with mine. I'm usually amenable and will help flesh out ideas. Just tired of being expected to do all the heavy lifting!

/end rant LOL

And on that note, I'm so tired of the same couple of people throwing their random characters into my open threads (without even asking first, either), only to crash them into a ditch within three posts, because they brought no plot goal whatsoever. 

I'm so tired of people expecting my character to put-out because theirs is "so hot and sexy." If you want nookie, you gotta work for it. Impress me with a finely written storyline. 

I'm so tired of people's pot shots at how poorly written 50 Shades of Grey was, and they churn out pulp that's just as bad... or worse.  

• I read this! 1
  • Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Love 1
  • Preach it! 1

"Of all that is written, I love only what a man has written with

his own blood."  Friedrich Nietzsche ~ Thus Spake Zarathustra

3paIAn.gif 3pasUm.png 3ica7j.gif 3pa1UW.png 

5 hours ago, Patrick said:

I'm so tired of people's pot shots at how poorly written 50 Shades of Grey was, and they churn out pulp that's just as bad... or worse.  

OMG SO MUCH THIS.... Like, seriously.  If you can't deliver better, STFU.

Jut popping in to say I agree with several of the comments here - but one struck me big time... someone taking up a thread with one of my characters, and then not DRIVING the dang thread anywhere. What's the point of this plot?  What are we doing?  C'mon, don't make me do all the work.  Steer the point of the thread too.  I write so so much better when I have an actual goal to work towards.  or example: Random thread of just chitchat and lunch between two characters... I can barely hit my 250 word count.  Reunion between a brother and sister (different characters entirely), adn I hit my first 1k post, and have continued to do so throughout that thread.

At work, my favorite saying is "Help me, to help you..." I'm starting to think it applies to RPing as well. 

• I read this! 4
  • Fuck Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, Shades said:

So much this. The person slaps a "she was so beautiful nobody could resist her" (in my experience, it's usually female characters) and then thinks they don't have to do anything but have their character bat their lashes or merely exist for everyone to be at their feet. They usually get super upset when I point out that one, 'beautiful' in the sense of sexual attraction is not an objectively quantifiable thing. Two, yes, people can resist your character. Your character's mere beauty is not a ticket to instantly getting everyone in love. Let's say I'm not very popular with the crowd who creates 'flawlessly beautiful' characters. >.>

That's why I actually actively avoid describing my character as beautiful/attractive/gorgeous/etc., even if they are intended to be good-looking. Because let's face (ha!) it, beauty is in the eye of the beholder - sure, I may give my character traits that are typically considered "beautiful" - i.e. long silky locks of hair, smooth unblemished skin, slender and curvaceous figure, large soulful eyes, etc. But I will never outright describe them as beautiful because everyone has subjective views on what constitutes beautiful. 

To outright describe them as pretty is to well, attempt to force a predetermined reaction out of other characters - which as everyone knows, is a big no-no in RPing; cause y'know, never write for your partner(s) and all.

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 2
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Lawman said:

That's why I actually actively avoid describing my character as beautiful/attractive/gorgeous/etc., even if they are intended to be good-looking. Because let's face (ha!) it, beauty is in the eye of the beholder - sure, I may give my character traits that are typically considered "beautiful" - i.e. long silky locks of hair, smooth unblemished skin, slender and curvaceous figure, large soulful eyes, etc. But I will never outright describe them as beautiful because everyone has subjective views on what constitutes beautiful. 

To outright describe them as pretty is to well, attempt to force a predetermined reaction out of other characters - which as everyone knows, is a big no-no in RPing; cause y'know, never write for your partner(s) and all.

In general I'm actually fine with people listing their characters as beautiful (though now that you put it, good looking would be a much better way to express it), as long as they don't slap the reaction they cause on people right there along with their statement about how their character looks. Though I'd say maybe leaving the description of traits (hair, eyes, skin, build, etc) there and letting people draw their own conclusions would be the best way to go.

I have actually had people put the 'she was so beautiful no man could resist her' on actual roleplay posts, and expect even characters who had wives/girlfriends/mates (depending on the roleplay) to drop their partners to follow the character around. So yeah, I'm tired of this shit. >.>

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1
  • Preach it! 1

Shady McShaderson

16 minutes ago, Shades said:

I have actually had people put the 'she was so beautiful no man could resist her' on actual roleplay posts, and expect even characters who had wives/girlfriends/mates (depending on the roleplay) to drop their partners to follow the character around. So yeah, I'm tired of this shit. >.>

WTAF, seriously?  I would hazard a guess that the people playing these characters are young... Because i have a hard time seeing a 20+ year old writing that way and having those expectations.  buuut i could be totally wrong...  This seriously floored me.  

• I read this! 1

2 minutes ago, JByrd said:

WTAF, seriously?  I would hazard a guess that the people playing these characters are young... Because i have a hard time seeing a 20+ year old writing that way and having those expectations.  buuut i could be totally wrong...  This seriously floored me.  

Weirdly enough, the person doing this was in their mid 20s and an experienced game master. But she got into this very weird mindset in which she had to be the absolute center of attention, so she created a character with some very overpowered traits and started to including in narration that every male character would automatically be stunned by her character. She actually managed to get the guy who played my character's boyfriend go along. When my character found another guy a while later, she tried again, and when the guy (a good friend of mine) said his character had loved mine for a long time and wouldn't be pulled away from her because of a pair of pretty eyes, she threw a fit and kicked us both out of the roleplay.

I wish I was making this up lol

Shady McShaderson

4 hours ago, Shades said:

I have actually had players throw hissy fits at me because my male character did not roll-over and die just because their character walked into the room. And yes, I've been guilty of describing my character as attractive or good-looking. Once I realized how it might sound to others, I stopped. Now, I describe them - if the bio requires it - and leave it to the other characters to determine how gorgeous, handsome, or hideous they are.

But this brings me to another point - it's all about getting laid in-game by the character of choice. I've seen this happen more in major canon games where there's a really popular male or female character. Players create an OC and their entire goal is falling into the sack with X. Usually the OC is described as irresistible and it's expected the popular Canon will fall under their charms, even forsaking whatever Canon they are involved with.

There are lots of other scenarios involved with that one as well....

/End Rant - again. Gotta stop this! ;)

Edited by Stormwolfe
typo fix.
  • I read this! 2

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

3 hours ago, Shades said:

Weirdly enough, the person doing this was in their mid 20s and an experienced game master. But she got into this very weird mindset in which she had to be the absolute center of attention, so she created a character with some very overpowered traits and started to including in narration that every male character would automatically be stunned by her character. She actually managed to get the guy who played my character's boyfriend go along. When my character found another guy a while later, she tried again, and when the guy (a good friend of mine) said his character had loved mine for a long time and wouldn't be pulled away from her because of a pair of pretty eyes, she threw a fit and kicked us both out of the roleplay.

I wish I was making this up lol

I am even more floored.  What in the world.  I don't.. I can't.. just.. akjdflkajdfa

3 hours ago, Stormwolfe said:

I have actually had players throw hissy fits at me because my male character did not roll-over and die just because their character walked into the room. And yes, I've been guilty of describing my character as attractive or good-looking. Once I realized how it might sound to others, I stopped. Now, I describe them - if the bio requires it - and leave it to the other characters to determine how gorgeous, handsome, or hideous they are.

But this brings me to another point - it's all about getting laid in-game by the character of choice. I've seen this happen more in major canon games where there's a really popular male or female character. Players create an OC and their entire goal is falling into the sack with X. Usually the OC is described as irresistible and it's expected the popular Canon will fall under their charms, even forsaking whatever Canon they are involved with.

Their are lots of other scenarios involved with that one as well....

/End Rant - again. Gotta stop this! ;)

This confuses me... and perhaps it's because I have a hard time writing smut with people I don't know really well..... I currently have THREE OOC people I'm willing to write smut with, and two of them I've known for literally 15+ years.  The other is newer and we STILL haven't really written SMUT.  Not all the way smut anyway.    Just second base smut. XD

• I read this! 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JByrd said:

I am even more floored.  What in the world.  I don't.. I can't.. just.. akjdflkajdfa

This confuses me... and perhaps it's because I have a hard time writing smut with people I don't know really well..... I currently have THREE OOC people I'm willing to write smut with, and two of them I've known for literally 15+ years.  The other is newer and we STILL haven't really written SMUT.  Not all the way smut anyway.    Just second base smut. XD

New goal: Be person #4.

I'm tired of people posting whiny "I'm leaving!" messages. Okay? Then leave. Especially if it's during an AC when you could have conveniently just vanished. Bonus points if you hadn't done anything on site in months before the post.

• I read this! 1
  • Fuck Yeah! 3

28 minutes ago, Rune said:

New goal: Be person #4.

I'm tired of people posting whiny "I'm leaving!" messages. Okay? Then leave. Especially if it's during an AC when you could have conveniently just vanished. Bonus points if you hadn't done anything on site in months before the post.

Bring it rune XDDD

Also - attention seeking bs... just staaaaaapppp.  seriously.  WHY.  Get a dog if you need that much attention.

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 1
  • LOL 3