I'm so tired of...

Morrigan

Spending all the dang time posting open threads and starters for everyone who wants a thread, than the one damn time I say "Man I can't come up with anything else right now, why don't you start it?" I get the same response from them "I always make starters!" ...uhhhh..well we can't BOTH always be making starters, hon, one of us isn't being truthful,a nd I'm pretty sure I know who -.-

Anonymous poster hash: e7476...18e

• I read this! 2
  • Preach it! 1

I'm so tired of people taking personal issues into roleplay threads/scenarios or vice versa.

Edited by chellybell
  • I read this! 2
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 2

Guest Archaic Cyborg

Lazy players: those who whine louder than a jet engine about reading threads (any), writing, chatting, plotting, updating, starting things, finishing things. The rp won't play itself. 

People who treat you like a third wheel; modding, plotting, etc

Then the rpers who care only about their fanfic plot. Rp involves two people! If you don't want the other person controlling their own muse, then.. What the fuck? Go write a fic!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so tired of seeing interest threads that are like 'hey, I have an idea but I'm only going to explain more of it when I gather enough interest.'. It's a good way to make people go 'well, if they aren't going to bother to present their idea fully...'. Just speak your mind, man! People will come to you if you communicate.

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 1

I'm so tired of blatant hypocrisy with regards to "creative freedom".

"I prefer writing in 3/3/3 environments because as a mature adult I don't believe in censorship or having my self-expression be subject to external regulation. But oh, any unsolicited advice or criticism that isn't asked for gives me anxiety even though I am aware the feedback was entirely valid and worded constructively, so I'm gonna delete these comments and block that person."

Obviously, these people don't get the idea of Do Unto Others What You Want Others Do Unto You. So I guess censorship is wrong, unless they're the one doing it eh?

• I read this! 5
  • Preach it! 1

7 hours ago, Lawman said:

I'm so tired of blatant hypocrisy with regards to "creative freedom".

"I prefer writing in 3/3/3 environments because as a mature adult I don't believe in censorship or having my self-expression be subject to external regulation. But oh, any unsolicited advice or criticism that isn't asked for gives me anxiety even though I am aware the feedback was entirely valid and worded constructively, so I'm gonna delete these comments and block that person."

Obviously, these people don't get the idea of Do Unto Others What You Want Others Do Unto You. So I guess censorship is wrong, unless they're the one doing it eh?

I see your point, however content and opinions are two different matters. Freedom to write your smut and gore isn't the same as criticizing another player. 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you 1

UNMASQUED

Vampires are real. Now the world knows about them.

5 hours ago, featherstone said:

I see your point, however content and opinions are two different matters. Freedom to write your smut and gore isn't the same as criticizing another player. 

True, but when I am writing with someone I expect there to be communication, a two-way exchange of opinions and ideas. Which means that I should at least have the rights to voice my feelings on the current direction the plot is headed, and how we intend to move the story forward and such. Like, I do have certain expectations on a plot, what kind of developments I'd like out of our characters, etc. If I'm not happy with how the RP is working out, at least whenever I can help it I'd prefer to talk things over with my partner(s) to see if we can work out some kind of compromise that would make all involved parties happy, hopefully. It's alright if they stick to their guns, because my personal motto is "as long as they're having fun, I'm having fun", and is generally willing to compromise when nobody else will. But to shut me out of any form of mutual communication and turn this into a one-way street is a whole other monster. I'm fine with people voicing their rejection of my ideas, but refusing to hear me out at all isn't fine.

• I read this! 3
  • Agree 4

I am so tired of people sticking around a board where they are not happy and they drag others/the board down with them. If you don't like it leave we all do this for fun, its better for everyone. 

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 2
  • Preach it! 2

Im tired of being pooped on by people who can't handle an opinion that goes against the grain. This is the only resource site I feel safe stating my opinion without somebody taking what I say as a personal attack. I don't like certain things. Chill. It doesn't mean I wouldn't like the people associated with them. I can still be friends with somebody who runs a jcink site with a word count and activity checks. Just because it's not how I play doesn't mean I think instantly "this person is a garbage person." Variety is the spice of life, yo. Respect my right to an opinion and I'll respect yours. 

• I read this! 6
  • Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Love 1
  • Preach it! 2

Reality is an illusion. 

• Admin

@Zozma You are NOT ALLOWED TO HAS AN OPINION! I said so and so it is so.

/totesjoking <333  #don'tkillme

• Love 1
  • LOL 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• 1 month later...

I'm so tired of being seen as the bad guy, when I can smell that someone's bad news on a site. 

I'm so tired of saying "I told you so" when they don't listen. 

• I read this! 1
  • Preach it! 1

Guest BETA BLUE

I'm so tired of people that have to cause drama.

I'm so tired of Apps.
I'm so tired of Word Counts.
I'm so tired of my own wishy-washy, on and off, fluctuating motivation.

• I read this! 1

Ad-bar-long.gif.722dc28f494a5bc598f47e3c8466b27b.gif

THE HAUNTED - A Horror Survival Jam Jar currently in Development
Interested in helping? My inbox is open!

I'm so tired of turning down new scenes because the other player is just in it for sex.

I'm so tired of disappointment, like finding a really promising rpg but then they require insane amounts of investment, like daily threads and the deed to your house.

Anonymous poster hash: b5541...1bb

• I read this! 2
  • LOL 1
  • Preach it! 1