I'm so tired of...

Morrigan

I'm tired of the admins who take all the fun out of the game by being too high up on their high horses. I'm not talking like enforcing their rules, running their site, other admin duties. I'm talking when they make it so their characters get whatever they want and can do whatever they want. Ones that literally state that they are in power and can do whatever they want, whenever they want. Like...no...that just makes you look like a jerk and no one is going to want to do events and stuff when you and your besties get a leg up on everyone else. 

Anonymous poster hash: 2fd3f...d7a

• I read this! 7
  • Preach it! 2

I'm tired of people not bothering to read anything when they come to a board, not even what it's about.

I'm tired of people wanting you to feed them information personally because they can't be bothered to read the update that was mass alerted and think that them saying "I'm lazy lol" is an excuse.

I'm. Tired. Of. Lazy. People >.<

Edited by wicked
  • I read this! 9
  • Fuck Yeah! 1

rpgi-sig.png

+ :: c o m i n g  s o o n  :: +

Guest Parasite Eve

After all this time I am tired of people not reading request threads. Clearly it's outlined in the request thread about things not done however when someone sends a pm about reading said request thread they want to roleplay those things not done.

Guest BETA BLUE

I'm tired of trying to put together a site and events one person sincerely appreciates.

I'm tired of the fact that I'm taken for granted as an admin and friend. I swear I have two online friends that are actually rooting for me. 

I'm tired of the fact that people hate having showing initiative and don't even want to plot with each other

I'm tired of people who expect admins to GM everything on a sandboxy board. No Susan, I DON'T want my characters at the center of every story, but I can't RP YOUR character. 

• I read this! 3
  • Agree 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

Along with what @BETA BLUE and @CovertSphinx said....

I am tired of people making zero effort, taking zero initiative to talk to people, plot, plan, interact and then accusing those that are doing those things of being a clique. We have site-wide plots, we allow sandbox plots, we love character interactions and development, we love getting site-wide plot ideas and we try to encourage it all. Yet, we have a couple of people that sit like lumps on a log and offer nothing. They then get pissy because no one is RPing with them.

C'mon folks! Talk, plan, plot, chat, create, interact! After all, it's supposed to be a social creative outlet! Surely we are not all introverts pretending to be extroverts! winking face

• I read this! 2
  • Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Preach it! 2

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

Guest BETA BLUE

Im so tired of when you create a plot and you are working out details to ensure that everyone but a specific group is at risk and someone seriously has to fight with you about it over the chatbox. There is a reason why I look at everything and use character stories to my advantage when dealing with site wide event. I can screw you over if I have all the chess pieces. I just need to move them into place. And trust me. I have all the chess pieces in play. I'm tired of the fact that people want to protect characters and have nothing happen to them. They want happily ever after and to be the golden boy or girl. It doesn't work that way when your setting holds characters that are most foul and City is Gotham.      

I'm sorry I'm ranting. But it feels so good!

Guest Parasite Eve

I'm tired of playing male characters to female damsels in distress that trip sneeze or fly into danger. I mean seriously. I have no problem playing a male character, in fact I enjoy writing for males and females, but I cringe when I'm up against a female that cannot have the sense to stay away from danger even as people tell her IT'S DANGEROUS or if my character is injured and bleeding out the damsel will just sit there looking "Oh no, you're bleeding. You need help." Really Sherlock, what gave you that conclusion?

On 1/19/2018 at 5:56 AM, Stormwolfe said:

Along with what @BETA BLUE and @CovertSphinx said....

I am tired of people making zero effort, taking zero initiative to talk to people, plot, plan, interact and then accusing those that are doing those things of being a clique. We have site-wide plots, we allow sandbox plots, we love character interactions and development, we love getting site-wide plot ideas and we try to encourage it all. Yet, we have a couple of people that sit like lumps on a log and offer nothing. They then get pissy because no one is RPing with them.

C'mon folks! Talk, plan, plot, chat, create, interact! After all, it's supposed to be a social creative outlet! Surely we are not all introverts pretending to be extroverts! winking face

In line with this, I'm so tired of joining a board and like, everyone there clearly already has fully established relationships and I try to chuck my character at them, throw plots, platonic as heck, at them. And get ZERO RESPONSE. Or get totally shot down. And not just like friendly plots, like OPTIONS. Friends, people to nod at. Random places to bump into each other, literally or figuratively. Enemies. Flirtationships, ANYTHING. "no, my character wouldn't do that" or EVEN better, when they're like "my character would actually probably do that with this character" and I look up said character. and it's one of their own.

uhhhhh......

• I read this! 2
  • Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Preach it! 1

pvZERW.gif

26 minutes ago, musicdiva1331 said:

In line with this, I'm so tired of joining a board and like, everyone there clearly already has fully established relationships and I try to chuck my character at them, throw plots, platonic as heck, at them. And get ZERO RESPONSE. Or get totally shot down. And not just like friendly plots, like OPTIONS. Friends, people to nod at. Random places to bump into each other, literally or figuratively. Enemies. Flirtationships, ANYTHING. "no, my character wouldn't do that" or EVEN better, when they're like "my character would actually probably do that with this character" and I look up said character. and it's one of their own.

uhhhhh......

All of this.

There's only so many plots I can throw at people and have them shut down/ignore before I pack my shit and go look for a more friendly environment.

• I read this! 2
  • Preach it! 1

Shady McShaderson

50 minutes ago, musicdiva1331 said:

uhhhhh......

Yes.

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories

On 1/20/2018 at 12:25 AM, Shades said:

So I guess what I'm trying to say is... I'm tired of people who think they know my character better than I do, or that their character is so special I'll play him out of character just to satisfy their craving for a plot they didn't discuss with me. No, dude. Stop. That's ridiculous at best, and god-moddish at worst. When people tell you who their character is... believe them. They created the darn character, after all. 

So much this! I dropped one of my characters because I couldn't stand it any longer.

• I read this! 1

5a691fb4de413_advertisingbanner_rpginitiativeTS.png.699678f5663abf3c750d133673768a18.png

Plot | Rules | Canons | Wanted | Advertising

OMFSM, people who are sloppy writers. Like, I get that English is hard, that grammar isn't taught for shit in the US school system, etc... hell, my spelling is downright atrocious (I went out of my way to *learn* how to spell that one just so I could accurately describe my spelling skills), but there's a difference between having difficulty spelling things... and making a lazy typo and not doing a quick proof read over what you wrote before you submit. You know, things like hitting a double letter here or there, typing the key one off from the correct one, typing letters out of order, etc.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist with my writing, so since in Nova we write a whole mission log before it's released for everyone else to read I'll do a proof reading pass before I release, but I also constantly reread what I've previously written and tweak grammar and adjust my spelling on earlier parts of the log when I go tag. So I get that not everyone's gonna do that... but at least make a glance to catch the really obvious stuff, please?

• I read this! 3
  • Fuck Yeah! 1

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

I'm tired of people refusing to join or even look at a board because they can't immediately have Super Special Thing. God forbid you have to work towards stuff. I've had so many people ragequit over the years because we require 3 weeks of activity before you can get a rank. 

• I read this! 3
  • Fuck Yeah! 2
  • Preach it! 2