I (almost) slapped a dude with a fish

FriedKilamari

So this is from my culinary school days, and happened sometime in 2012 or late 2011.

My culinary school also had a bunch of other art majors, like photography, film and sound, fashion, etc. The culinary labs were a really favorite hangout for photography students, because we move around a lot and do all kinds of crazy things. So this day started out pretty normal, I'm at the sink scaling my red snapper, when two photography students come and stand next to me, one on either side, shutters clicking away.

So I'm scaling away when suddenly one of those fish spines impales me straight through my thumb. I wish I was kidding, but no. I impaled myself with a damn fish. Did it hurt? You bet it did. The two students next to me go silent as I have a large fish in my hand. And then suddenly I hear it

Click.

Click click click click click. The rapid firing of camera shutters as I have a fish in my thumb.

"If you two don't stop I swear to god I will smack you with this fish." So that gets them to move somewhere else.

Now my friend Evan had noticed something going on, so he walks over to ask me what's going on. He sees this fish spine going straight through my thumb, and his face drains of color.

This got the attention of my instructor, who walks over, sees the fish through my thumb, and goes, "Yeah, just pull that out. Evan, make sure she gets cleaned up," and walks away. So, needless to say, I rip out that fish spine (which hurt more than being impaled) and slap some neosporin on that before putting on a bandaid and carrying on.

I still have the scar on both sides of my thumb, an entry wound and an exit wound. It's one of my favorite stories to tell at parties, because what better way to get to know me than by hearing about all my weird culinary injuries.

• LOL 2

haliea_sig.png.d576f8c161ea332444febd20bf4e72eb.png

Antarsia | Guidebook

When the Gods turn on their people, the tables turn.

Where will you stand?

Original High Medieval Fantasy || 3-3-3

• Admin

I couldn't help but laugh but that is an epic story. I can never say I've been impaled with a fish. Mostly because I will not eat fish.

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.