Salut!

Indy

Hello everyone! I'm Indy, getting back into the larger RP/Directory community after a long time staying on the sidelines. Never quite know what to say about myself, so I'll turn to the example questions.

I've been RPing since 2006, although I encountered it earlier I didn't quite get into it until later on. My first site was a Star Wars RP, all embroiled in the EU that I hadn't read back then and isn't canon right now. It's been mostly constant since 2006, though, some months of breaks now and then. I've mostly run my own sites, slowly gathered a cool RP group around me. We'd call ourselves jaded at this point, but I think we all want to have fun, hence reaching out to Directories and connecting with the larger community out there.

My favourite genres have to be sci-fi and medieval fantasy, I've dabbled in both. It's all been forum RP, play-by-post, with a solid chat community for plotting and ooc talk. I feel a little lost at sea without a dedicated chat area, so that's why Discord has been a lifesaver for me. I do hate this tiny cboxes though, they're not easy to check and they don't alert you properly if there's a message. Or if they do, it's a really annoying sound that haunts my dreams.

Predictably, SW is a favourite, but I like anything sci-fi, ST, SG, BSG, etc. For some reason I absolutely love the campy older shows. Classic BSG? Sign me up. Classic ST? You betcha. But the more modern campy sci-fi is fun too. Andromeda was a blast even if it wasn't very good. I tend to have a group of favourites of any given thing. I can listen to any sort of music, and for films it comes down to flicks like Raiders, Blade Runner, and Dredd. For books I like to go full on fantasy. Give me some David Eddings anyday.

My hobbies are mostly writing and RPing. I work as a instructor in language, soon starting up a pedagogical course at the local uni, while planning on applying for PhD's in Canada. So I've got a lot planned for the future.

Aaand favourite colour is red, favourite drink is... a pina colada.

I hope to really get into things here, find some good resources for my own site, see what I can contribute. ^_^

static-historicalrp.jpg

"Indiana was the dog!"

• Admin

Hello @Indy welcome to the Initiative! I love to have another Dredder here! Karl Urbs for the win!!

Hope you enjoy your time and we may one day play together for I love Sci-Fi!

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

HI and welcome! I've noticed as of late that cboxes aren't 'dinging' to let me know about new messages!

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories

Hey there, @Indy It's great to meet you! Welcome to The Initiative and all of that fun jazz that everyone else said. I've found myself recently simply phasing out of cbox use myself. I find it to be to small, to cluttered, and to difficult to be a part of a conversation. Equally I find it difficult as a guest to get a word in edgewise in-between the chatty usual players, and sometimes it's so easy for them to absolutely ignore you. With the new bot I found for Discord it made it possible to add my actual Discord server to a useable widget ON the site, meaning people could guest in it, chat in it, and use it from the forum, for those of them who didn't want to open an app or sign up for one.

If you need anything, don't hesitate to give us a hollar, and good luck around The Initiative! Glad to see you about. ^.^

W9QVrMj.png

BABOS-A laid back survival roleplay-Coming soon!

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! I'm really enjoying just poking around, there's so much going on! 

@Morrigan It's thrilling to hear that you're another Dreddhead! Urban was just perfect for that role. The comic is the bomb, as well. One cool story I have relating to that is that I saw the pre-premier in Auckland when it first came out and had Karl Urban take my ticket. I was too shocked to say anything other than thanks!

@anthrxmilkshake Which widget is this? I have one for my site as well, but it's just a window of the main chat in the channel that you could only watch and a button to a new browser tab, which let you enter the channel. It doesn't have time-stamped messages, which is a little vexing, but so far I love having it.

static-historicalrp.jpg

"Indiana was the dog!"

• Admin

So jealous! As @Death Kitten well knows I'm an Urbanite.

In fact we have this fun game here:

I should likely post in that.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Oh dear lord, that is perfect. 😂

static-historicalrp.jpg

"Indiana was the dog!"

@Indy It's called Titan, and has a TON of amazing free to use features. We use it here on The Initiative , and I have it on my forum as well. It's definitely an amazing addition. I made a shout out post about it here:

IF you like Discord, you'll love the widget, seriously. It has completely eliminated the use of a cbox, and is pretty customizeable..sort of. But it shows all of your channels, guests and members can chat right from the site, and in the discord app, and on the browser, and they all show up on the widget. So it eliminates that "This site doesn't seem active" feel a lot of people had a problem with when switching ti discord.

W9QVrMj.png

BABOS-A laid back survival roleplay-Coming soon!

@anthrxmilkshake You are a saint. This is exactly what I've been looking for!

static-historicalrp.jpg

"Indiana was the dog!"

Hey @Indy, and welcome to RPG Initiative.  I just watched this movie called Pandorum last night, and if you haven't seen it, you should check it out when you get a chance.  I think it'll be right up your alley.

WoL___dark01.png

@Uaithne Thanks for the welcome! I just checked out the trailer for Pandorum and it looks absolutely fascinating! It's very Halo or Dead Space or both, and I am all aboard. Thanks for suggesting it!

• You're Welcome 1

static-historicalrp.jpg

"Indiana was the dog!"

Hi Josie! What a crazy happenstance. 😉

static-historicalrp.jpg

"Indiana was the dog!"