Times RP made you laugh

Josie

When has RP made you laugh? Share some funny moments!

A recent one for me was another character (@Freya's, actually) wanting to have a meeting with a diplomat. The diplomat's secretary informed Freya's character that the diplomat unfortunately wasn't seeing anyone that day, but that they were keeping their appointments. So the secretary made an appointment for a minute later, and sent Freya's character in. :P 

• 1 month later...

The Goddess Aphrodite sent Asmy, my "demon lord of lusts" to retrieve a powerful magical artifact from the hands of a mortal (a pendant bestowing great god/esslike beauty). He decided to drag along a Vampire Hunter along on the trip to trick a local Priest into doing the actual task (there's rules against direct involvement in mortal affairs). Before entering the Church, Asmy transformed into a female version of himself to which my friend's character stated "I expected something a little more Helen of Troy, from the Demon Lord of Lust."  "That little Harlot would have been nothing without me," the Demon responded, taking credit in one of those "Can't tell if serious or joking" tones. 

The fact that Aphrodite (according to regular mythology) was behind Helen of Troy, over a Beauty Contest, was a very UNINTENTIONAL reference parallel.  And thus made me laugh boldly when we realized the accidental GENIUS of the moment. 

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

• 8 months later...

It's a little thing, but at my current forum, which is panfandom, I play Walter Strickler from the Netflix series Trollhunters (not sure how many people here know what that is. Here comes a spoiler for it:

Spoiler

Strickler is a Changeling, which, in the context of the show is a troll/human hybrid warrior who masquerades as an ordinary but refined school teacher.

Two other players there who play teenaged characters (one of whom happens to be Rachel from the book series Animorphs) unaware of his double life call him names like "PBS Science Guy" and "Mr. Stiff" (not out loud, but thinking to themselves), which gets a chuckle out of me.

Oh! In a one-on-one RP me and a friend are doing, we had our characters reference an adult film prominently featuring Bigfoot (this is a real movie, I swear!) and react to its existence ("Wha? Why is this a thing though??"). I'd have to look back at that thread to  remember how they even got on that topic in the first place. XD

Edited by Sketchy Unicorn

McBanjoMeg-Today at 10:47 PM

I always mash up that song with YMCA in my head and I have no idea why

"That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist 
And a round thing in your face 
I said, young man"
  • Love 1
  • LOL 1

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

21 hours ago, Bishop said:

McBanjoMeg-Today at 10:47 PM

I always mash up that song with YMCA in my head and I have no idea why

"That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist 
And a round thing in your face 
I said, young man"

I will NEVER be able to unhear this. 

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

I played on a forum forever ago (I'm talking like... 10+ years ago) where there was always this one guy who wrote these dark, moody characters. Literally every time his character spoke it would be "John whispered" or "He said in a whisper". Honestly, the characters he made were always a joke anyway so every time I had an interaction with that character mine would always respond with "I'm sorry, can you speak up?" or "Sorry, didn't hear you". 

I thought it was hilarious. Not sure if he understood the humor in it. 

• LOL 2

• 3 weeks later...

We have a fun little game we play on our site right now. Members can win the chance for different badges if they complete these random challenges on their next in-character post (no matter what's going on in the thread). The first one we did was a clown challenge. Anyone who wanted a clown badge had to somehow incorporate one in their next in-character post. The next couple of days were filled with random clowns popping up all over town in random places and doing random things. Our second one was a musical challenge where members had the choices of three YouTube videos (Glee's "Singing in the Rain", Toby Keith's "How Do You Like Me Now?", and one of those Muppet songs). Seeing what our members can come up with on a moment's notice and then return to their thread like normal had a lot of us rolling. 

poke_clash2.png

vPhN5b.png                      

A supernatural fantasy about spirit animals set in Somerset, Pennsylvania