[Solved] Shoutbox Sizing

It can be hard for me to admit when I cannot find, or figure out, a code for something. I, by no means, am a professional level coding genius, but I like to think I can usually fight my way through things and figure them out...screw you shoutbox for making my brain hurt.

I've looked all over the forums for an existing thread that didn't say "I dunno I don't think you can do that" when I know I've seen sites with narrow shoutboxes.

CAN ANYONE please tell me the code tags to DESIGN the damn shoutbox? I just want to control the width and height of it, not make it glow in the dark. Lol.

W9QVrMj.png

BABOS-A laid back survival roleplay-Coming soon!

So I don't know if this is the shoutbox you're talking about, but shoutbox.com has a guide for theirs on their website here.

Their advice is as follows:

The width of the shoutbox is 100%, by default the height is: 360px

To change the width: embed the chat into a <div> element with the width of your choice.

To change the height: over ride .shoutBoxContainer CSS

var chat = new Chat(5, "John");
<style>
.shoutBoxContainer {
 height:450px;
}
</style>

static-historicalrp.jpg

"Indiana was the dog!"

No that's not it, jcink has a built in shoutbox. BUT I have solved my own issue by floating a new div box around it. I discovered the shoutbox more or less adapts to the box it's in.

• I read this! 1

W9QVrMj.png

BABOS-A laid back survival roleplay-Coming soon!

• 1 month later...