Hello, hello :)

Guest Carnival

Guest Carnival

Hello there!

I thought I'd come on over and introduce myself a little before I started on a new hunt for some rp partners :)  I'm a 31-year-old female, so I'm falling in the older spectrum that's been roleplaying for a pretty long time.  When I started, Yahoo Groups was still a thing, lol.  I started out when I was about 14 and since then roleplay has become something of an obsession.  It's been something that I've always fallen back on, time and time again and I just can't seem to let it go, nor do I want to.  

Favorite genres fall into the supernatural category since I love to play any and all different species that are out there.  I enjoy Modern Crime roleplays just as much and likely have the biggest love for that genre of them all.  Even better when supernatural is mixed in with the crime genre to give it some intense flavor.  Post-Apocalyptic would rank in the #3 top spot of favorite genre's as I'm all about the intense stories of survival as well.  Male x Male pairings are my absolute favorite go-to in every category.

I generally prefer playing on forums, through e-mail or Googledocs and don't favor roleplaying through chat based sites.  It's just not my thing.  

I'm really not all that picky when it comes to books as I'll read anything that interests me and falls into the typical genre's that I like to roleplay in.  Supernatural, Post-Apocalyptic, Rennaissance.  Movies that I adore include:  Captain America: The Winter Soldier (absolutely love this movie), Captain America; Civil War, Mad Max Fury Road among many others.  The type of music I listen to falls into the rock realm: Breaking Benjamin, Metallica, Shinedown, Theory of a Deadman, Saving Abel.  

My other hobbies and interests include:  Crafts, Writing, baking, reading, theater, costumes and costume makeup, sewing and being a goof.  I'm very interested in the criminal psychology aspect of life and the study of the human brain in general.  Although I haven't done so in awhile, horseback riding use to always be a favorite of mine as well.  

My favorite color tends to vary, but right now I'm teetering between loving the color Cotton Candy Pink and Turquoise.  Or both.  I also love lime green.  My favorite drink is probably the frozen Cherry Limeade that you can order through Sonic, but I also tend to favor Root Beer or Cream Soda.  

And there's all of the questions answered which I hope gives a little bit more insight into the kind of person that I am.  I absolutely adore in depth and emotional stories filled with twists, turns and curveballs.  There's nothing more exciting than finding the right writing partner who you're able to throw down some amazing posts with and who you can laugh, cry and generally gush about all the things with.  Finding people that you genuinely get along with in this respect is always an amazing thing.  I'm hoping to find some people just like that during my stay here!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to The Initiative @Equus!

You're like my RP mirror twin, yes to all of this, except the favorite guy on guy pairings being the favorite, because I tend to feel like I fail at male characters. Lol. I'm OBSESSED with post apocalyptic/zombie style RP, and anything supernatural/modern based.

I agree with you heavily on the emotional stories. I'm in one now with an amazing RPer on another site that has had me crying so god damn hard lately it's making my brain hurt to emotion. Lol. 

Hope you find everything you need around the site! Don't hesitate to hit us up in the Staff Contact center if you need us for anything at all!

W9QVrMj.png

BABOS-A laid back survival roleplay-Coming soon!

Hey there @Equus! Welcome to the Initiative!

I also am a huge fan of emotional stories. It's always an awesome feeling when you find a writing partner you just click with. I'm really fortunate to be able to say I have recently found an RP partner with whom I've been having a lot of fun writing different plots. I hope that you make some awesome writing buddies and have a great time here!

• Admin

Hey @Carnival welcome to the Initiative! What is your favorite supernatural creature?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

19 hours ago, Carnival said:

I'm very interested in the criminal psychology aspect of life and the study of the human brain in general.

I am just finishing up a Health Psychology masters *fistbumps*

Also, MxM pairings are so much fun! :D

[Image: 596681d458799_NewLogo.png.581b0fb709d0e4...420b58.png]

An established, non canon, Dragon Age RP
coupleofkooks

Guest Carnival
21 hours ago, anthrxmilkshake said:

21 hours ago, anthrxmilkshake said:

Welcome to The Initiative @Equus!

You're like my RP mirror twin, yes to all of this, except the favorite guy on guy pairings being the favorite, because I tend to feel like I fail at male characters. Lol. I'm OBSESSED with post apocalyptic/zombie style RP, and anything supernatural/modern based.

I agree with you heavily on the emotional stories. I'm in one now with an amazing RPer on another site that has had me crying so god damn hard lately it's making my brain hurt to emotion. Lol. 

Hope you find everything you need around the site! Don't hesitate to hit us up in the Staff Contact center if you need us for anything at all!

I did a quick little name change on everyone, so apologies for that.   Gah, I also copied your response twice it seems, oops, lol.  Yay for RP Mirror twins!  It's always nice to find others that feel or think the same way I do.  It's been awhile since I've gotten into a good post apocalyptic setting so I think I'm just about due!  I've also been roleplaying as males for so long, it's become both an obsession and addiction for me that I can't quit XD.  Having a writing partner like that is amazing!!  I really do think that's what makes collaborating with other writers so great, when you can tug at each other's heart strings like that <3.  

14 hours ago, peregyr said:

Hey there @Equus! Welcome to the Initiative!

I also am a huge fan of emotional stories. It's always an awesome feeling when you find a writing partner you just click with. I'm really fortunate to be able to say I have recently found an RP partner with whom I've been having a lot of fun writing different plots. I hope that you make some awesome writing buddies and have a great time here!

It's a very fortunate thing to have a writing partner like that :)   Being able to connect with someone on that level is always fun and a real joy. I really hope that I can find some writing buddies that are the same way given that I miss having that sort of connection.

11 hours ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

Hey there and welcome to The Initiative :)

Thank you so much! :D

5 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Hey @Carnival welcome to the Initiative! What is your favorite supernatural creature?

Thank you for your kind welcome!  Out of all the supernatural creatures there are to choose from, I'd have to go with the Were-beasts.  I love playing Were's that are a little outside of the box or not the norm, such as Were-Dogs or Were-Hyena's as I find them fascinating and fun to play :)

1 hour ago, Claire said:

I am just finishing up a Health Psychology masters *fistbumps*

Also, MxM pairings are so much fun! :D

*fistbumps* Congratulations!! That's awesome :D  There's just something about Psychology that's so intriguing.  I've had my fair share of people whose brains I've wanted to pick XD.  MxM pairings are fun!! Yay, I'm glad to hear you agree :D

• Operations Mod

We're almost writing twins genre wise! Supernatural based and Apocalypse have always topped my list for settings. 

My big ongoing project right now is actually building and fleshing out a little bestiary for playing. I love writing all sorts of different characters, and even trying to work in some creatures that aren't traditionally used - like vetala and naguals - but I'll always have a soft spot for my werewolves <3 

Anyway welcome aboard! 

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

Hello and welcome! I do love your name and icon ;) and at 32 myself with a board full of 'older side' I'm glad to see there are still a great deal of us around!

If I can help you in any way please feel free to ask, I read a lot of boards so I've got a good deal of insight on a lot of them out there, even if I just play in a historical setting myself.

<3 Enjoy!

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

Guest Carnival
13 hours ago, Rune said:

Welcome to the fun! You sound like someone I'd get along with! :D

One of my Yahoo Groups RPs only just closed a couple years ago. It was a sad time.

Thank you!  Awww, I'm glad to hear that and it's always nice to find people I'll get along with, so that makes me feel very welcomed :).  It's always a sad time when groups close, I feel for you!

3 hours ago, Dragon said:

We're almost writing twins genre wise! Supernatural based and Apocalypse have always topped my list for settings. 

My big ongoing project right now is actually building and fleshing out a little bestiary for playing. I love writing all sorts of different characters, and even trying to work in some creatures that aren't traditionally used - like vetala and naguals - but I'll always have a soft spot for my werewolves <3 

Anyway welcome aboard! 

Yay, more writing twins, I love it!  That sounds amazing! I always love to see non-traditional supernatural creatures but I have a soft spot for the werewolves too.  They're just too awesome :) I'd be excited to see what creatures you come up with!  

1 hour ago, Bishop said:

Hello and welcome! I do love your name and icon ;) and at 32 myself with a board full of 'older side' I'm glad to see there are still a great deal of us around!

If I can help you in any way please feel free to ask, I read a lot of boards so I've got a good deal of insight on a lot of them out there, even if I just play in a historical setting myself.

<3 Enjoy!

Thank you very much, I love yours as well!  It's awesome to see other roleplayers that fall into the same age bracket as myself <3  It doesn't make me feel s odd as I can sometimes feel, rofl.  If I have any questions I'll be sure to send them over your way, I appreciate your kind welcome and the help :)

On 8/18/2017 at 11:15 PM, Carnival said:

*fistbumps* Congratulations!! That's awesome :D  There's just something about Psychology that's so intriguing.  I've had my fair share of people whose brains I've wanted to pick XD.  MxM pairings are fun!! Yay, I'm glad to hear you agree

Yes, psychology is an awesome thing to study and already a very rewarding career. :D However, pet peeve for me is when people find out you are a psychologist/graduate they nearly always say, "Ooooooh, can you read my miiiiind?!" And I am like, no, but I can dissect your personality from your verbal and non verbal behaviour. My conclusion? You are a douchebag. :P

Oh, fancy chatting about some 1x1 RPing?

[Image: 596681d458799_NewLogo.png.581b0fb709d0e4...420b58.png]

An established, non canon, Dragon Age RP
coupleofkooks

Guest Carnival
7 hours ago, Claire said:

Yes, psychology is an awesome thing to study and already a very rewarding career. :D However, pet peeve for me is when people find out you are a psychologist/graduate they nearly always say, "Ooooooh, can you read my miiiiind?!" And I am like, no, but I can dissect your personality from your verbal and non verbal behaviour. My conclusion? You are a douchebag. :P

Oh, fancy chatting about some 1x1 RPing?

That's pretty great to hear that it's already a rewarding career!  I've been hovering over whether to make it my major or not, so hearing things like that are always helpful :).  *laughs*  I love that conclusion! XD.  I'm sorry to say that's usually the conclusion I find with 95% of the people I come into contact with, lol.

And you bet!  You can send me a PM if you'd like?  We can discuss from there other forms of contact :)