kaydrew

open rp Waiting for Destiny

kaydrew    130

Neal sat in the booth nursing a mug of hot coffee. He kept his hands wrapped tight around the mug in order to keep them from shaking. Yeah he was nervous. What if she didn't come? Then what? He didn't know, but leaving wasn't an option. He had a son. No matter what he'd be there for him. Hands feeling a bit too warm, he sat the mug down. Shifting, he reached into his pocket and pulled out the necklace. As he waited for her, he examined it. So many memories.

Awards

Orca    1

She walked with confidence, long red hair framing her face and accentuating her every move. She was dressed professionally with dark pants, blazer and a button up shirt. Her black rimmed glasses did little to hide her sharp eyes as she walked into the little dingy restaurant. She scanned the tables, trying to remember what he looked like before her eyes fell on the person she was supposed to be meeting with. She walked over to him, her shoes snapping against the floor.

"Neal?"  she asked in a brisk yet professional manner, "I am Aerin, the social worker"

Awards

kaydrew    130

Neal dropped the necklace on the table when he heard a voice. He looked up and smiled a bit at the red headed women. "Hey. I mean, hello," Neal said, he  stood and gestured to the seat across from him. "Please, join me. Thanks for coming. I wasn't sure you would. I know it was kind of weird for me to up and call you."

He stopped and pressed his lips together. "So, do you want anything? I just ordered a cup of coffee," he offered. "So, uh... I don't know how to go about doing this. I'm new to foster care and fatherhood and everything...." 

Awards