Sign in to follow this  
Morrigan

Dragon Bonding Coterie

Morrigan    6,276

So there was talk of dragon bonding coterie. I would love to do this and have it done on three levels and not Pern:

I want to do Dragons that are born dragons and always dragons.

I want to do Dragons that are born dragons that become human when Bonded.

I want to do Dragons that are born human that become dragons when bonded.

Now the latter two they wouldn't be in one form or another. More or less through their human bonded counterpart would compel them to be human or dragon. This would be a part of the bond that they share. When the human needs a dragon they are a dragon, when they need a human they are human. This also would be partly controlled by the will of the dragon character.

Now to negate issues with bonded people going missing there would be a retcon rule that allows for the disappearance of a bonded character. After they have gone missing the bonded person will go into a phase of mourning. After the phase of mourning the bond fades and the person/dragon would be able to bond with a new person/dragon. (This doesn't have to be a real time thing but an IC thing after a player goes missing.

With this, there would be certain types of dragons that are more likely to bond with certain factions of humans/species. I can explain more about it if people are interested.

The connection of bonded pairs is deeper than that of normal companionship and can often lead to a deeper relationship. Creating a bonded character would need to be mutual between people and so there would be a forum for plotting bonds or creating existing bonds.

I would need help for this coterie if it is done. Let me know what you think.

@Dragon @Rune @RavenFlame

Dragon    31
9 hours ago, Morrigan said:

With this, there would be certain types of dragons that are more likely to bond with certain factions of humans/species. I can explain more about it if people are interested.

I'm interested in hearing a little more about this aspect, just off the bat it seems like something that could add a nice level of depth to things. 

Morrigan    6,276

Well the idea here is something I'm pulling from a fave book of mine. But basically it is where certain races can only bond with other races. The example I have is a ocean people that bonded with a specific bloodline of sailor. Now the ocean people could also bond with ocean dragons. However, the sailors wouldn't ever bond with another race.

Additionally the sailors are always dragons and only the males are bondable. However they do not become dragons until they are bonded.

I hope that makes sense. We could make whatever adjustments or species we want with their own bonding type rules.

@Dragon

RavenFlame    28

Personally, I'm for the very first one, but I think dragons being dragons always is cool. Though I tend to lead towards partnerships between rider and dragon and not Rider Best, Dragon Second, as the thoughts seem to be when it comes to Dragonriders. The other two are interesting, but a bit strange, in my head. Still cool though.

Awards