How do I get people to roleplay?

Uaithne

I just started my new site and had a bunch of people join. Many profiles posted right away, but not many threads or posts from the members. I'm pretty lenient on activity, so no worries. People have real life commitments and whatnot, and the board wasn't open yet.

But the challenge is that now the site is open and no one is roleplaying. I don't blame any one person at all because people have things going on IRL. But I can't advance the plot or entice new members if I'm the only one consistently roleplaying. 

What are your suggestions?

PS some of the members on my site are members here on the Initiative. For real, I don't hold it against any individual person. I just need to find a way to get active members on the site or to increase the activity of a few of the existing ones.

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 1

WoL___dark01.png

Do you have open threads? Do you have a place to post open threads for others to find? Do you have shippers/plotters? You could also try "blind date" style posting, where people can sign characters up and get them paired off.

• I read this! 1

• Admin

For me it's always about the plotting. People jumping into plotters or hashing it out in chat rooms. I do a "I want to thread things lets do this shit" and people go "me to" and we start talking. If they aren't talking they aren't plotting so encourage it. Post links to other peoples plotters that you think someone could get a kick out of the characters interacting. THROW ideas at them. "I would love to see them in the same room, they are like rattlesnakes which one will bite first?"

Get them communicating.

• I read this! 1
  • Love 1
  • Preach it! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Thanks.

I have open threads of my own.  I have two places to post links to open threads (one on site, one on discord).  There are plot pages.  I've already posted in the ones that aren't mine, and they seem to have died down.  There's a subplot open, but I can't really start it because I'm the only active person who has signed up for it.

Is it too aggressive if I approach people individually and throw stuff at them?

• I read this! 1
  • Love 1

WoL___dark01.png

• Admin

Absolutely not! "I want to thread with you! These ARE ALL OF MY IDEAS! /spew" I do it all the time. I've actually gotten really good partners from that. @Dragon just sayin.

• I read this! 2
  • Love 3

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Do it! :) Post them in their plotters - the fact you're not the admin does not mean your PCs aren't looking for scenes just like anyone else. If you're proactive you'll show people they can actually do something on the board.

• Thank you 1

UNMASQUED

Vampires are real. Now the world knows about them.