Roleplay Things I Wish Would happen

Morrigan

• Admin

So there are things that sometimes you wish your RP partner would read your mind on, so this is a thread to sort of push that agenda. Some things considered godmodding or metagaming that may just be perfect in the moment. Post whatever you want here.

I want someone to pick up one of my female characters and throw them over their shoulder like a caveman and act like a genuine conquering hero.

I want a dominant character to actually be dominant.

I want the same cave guy to slap my characters ass.

Hell I would love some ass slapping in general.

Share some random things you wish would happen in RP that never do and make you QQ

• I read this! 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Taking wanted ads/ writing NPCs in threads with me, so that I write less threads alone.

• I read this! 3

6 hours ago, Morrigan said:

THIS. And "abusive" characters to actually act abusive. It's such a letdown when Mr(or Mrs) Arrogant Narcissist McPossessive acts like a "sub" in thread because the RPer is such a sweet person XD

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

Oooooh, I wish some of my partners would acknowledge or take advantage of things my characters do. Body language, dropped hints, etc.

I don't give a shit about passive godmoding. Have your character touch my character's shoulder, have them give them a hug! Interactions get stale without interactions!

• I read this! 3
  • Agree 2
  • Preach it! 1

haliea_sig.png.d576f8c161ea332444febd20bf4e72eb.png

Antarsia | Guidebook

When the Gods turn on their people, the tables turn.

Where will you stand?

Original High Medieval Fantasy || 3-3-3

I want my players to take me at my word when I tell them to throw the monkey wrench into the works. The only time I will correct/reject/not go with the flow is when something actually contradicts something established previously.

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 2

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

On 9/8/2017 at 1:54 AM, Morrigan said:

I want someone to pick up one of my female characters and throw them over their shoulder like a caveman and act like a genuine conquering hero.

I want the same cave guy to slap my characters ass.

Hell I would love some ass slapping in general.

Omgosh. o_o I feel this so much, except the opposite. I took a wanted one time for a "dominant/nearly-abusive" character and after I played him for a few weeks, the person sent me a PM to tell me "He's really possessive/rude/controlling" like they hadn't requested it in their wanted ad...

My Wish:

There was more forgiveness/redemption archs in RPs for complex relationships, situations, and characters. (Basically, I love grey areas. I wish there were more grey areas. XD)

Edited by Thyme
  • I read this! 5
  • Agree 1
  • Love 2
tumblr_ovxhy4cZLY1wtsmmno3_r1_100.jpg

1 hour ago, Thyme said:

Omgosh. o_o I feel this so much, except the opposite. I took a wanted one time for a "dominant/nearly-abusive" character and after I played him for a few weeks, the person sent me a PM to tell me "He's really possessive/rude/controlling" like they hadn't requested it in their wanted ad...

My Wish:

There was more forgiveness/redemption archs in RPs for complex relationships, situations, and characters. (Basically, I love grey areas. I wish there were more grey areas. XD)

Oh yes please this! Things for me have grown a bit stale because things always seem to follow the same pattern and I just want to be surprised. Do something crazy, have your character be dominant, have them be complex have the relationships be complex for so many different reasons. Work through something and it not being perfect and all of that.

Sorry for all the rambliness but I just wish people would do things that they consider crazy and out of the box, I will deal with it and if I am not okay with it I will let you know. 

• I read this! 4

On 9/9/2017 at 3:51 PM, Amelia said:

Oh yes please this! Things for me have grown a bit stale because things always seem to follow the same pattern and I just want to be surprised. Do something crazy, have your character be dominant, have them be complex have the relationships be complex for so many different reasons. Work through something and it not being perfect and all of that.

Yessss please! I have so many dominant characters, and it's always a little nerve-wracking when I end up tipping the balance of power within a thread because they're not gonna sit by and let someone else take charge. They're gonna be the ones taking charge! It's their personality!

• I read this! 3

haliea_sig.png.d576f8c161ea332444febd20bf4e72eb.png

Antarsia | Guidebook

When the Gods turn on their people, the tables turn.

Where will you stand?

Original High Medieval Fantasy || 3-3-3

On ‎13‎-‎9‎-‎2017 at 1:54 AM, FriedKilamari said:

Yessss please! I have so many dominant characters, and it's always a little nerve-wracking when I end up tipping the balance of power within a thread because they're not gonna sit by and let someone else take charge. They're gonna be the ones taking charge! It's their personality!

I would so welcome that happening, because dominance is also relevative and things are complex. Hell if two people clash because they both want to be in charge it would be awesome. 

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

I want characters to say offensive things.

Oh! I also want characters to be offended and not have a snippy, well-prepared retort that hides the fact that they have been offended.

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 2
  • Love 1

WoL___dark01.png

@Uaithne Yesssss. I love the moments when the realism comes out and a character just stares at another characters like: "................ what? =/" And there's not snark or sauciness, just straight up 'wow, dude. that was super rude/inappropriate.'

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 1
tumblr_ovxhy4cZLY1wtsmmno3_r1_100.jpg

• 1 month later...

I want to see a  "cute little innocent" that isn't there to be immediately corrupted by the first potential mate that comes along in thread. It always struck me as a fetish thing for some reason when somebody would make a comically level naive character just to have that character fall in love and loose their V in the first thread or two.

• I read this! 3
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1
  • Preach it! 2

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

Sunny: I'd love to have more natural speech patterns in writing.  Things like "uh", "um", stuttering, breaks in speech, repeating things.  Shouldn't be done constantly, just so the flow of the writing stays in tact, but it'd be kind of nice to see some more.

• I read this! 1

Souls_400x100_01.jpg

'souls | no wc | character-driven | werecanines | open & active since 2001!

I want characters to make mistakes.  Like say the wrong word, or call somebody by the wrong name.  And then rather than it being covered up or whisked away as a cute quirk or whatever, the characters have to deal with it just like people deal with it IRL.

• I read this! 1

WoL___dark01.png

1 hour ago, Uaithne said:

I want characters to make mistakes.  Like say the wrong word, or call somebody by the wrong name.  And then rather than it being covered up or whisked away as a cute quirk or whatever, the characters have to deal with it just like people deal with it IRL.

Now I’m going to need to recruit someone for a thread in which this happens. 

• I read this! 1