Has anyone used PopMoney for site donations?

Deep Sea

All boards I've been on use PayPal for donations. But, a bunch of banks around here have started offering PopMoney and it looks pretty easy to use. I just, you know, haven't heard of it until now and wondered if anyone else has any experience with it.

Glub glub.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd never heard of it before. 

Though I took a look and it's something that my bank already offers for my local currency. (Through this might be useful if I were transferring US funds since I'm not sure my bank handles that. But even still Paypal does US funds too.)

Though one downside I noticed, or rather thing I'm unclear on, is when the money sender chooses to they can ask you to verify a mobile number. But I'm not sure what they mean here. Do I have to give my number to the sender directly? Does it pull it from the system? What if I don't have a number registered (will it require I put one in)? Does the sender see my number (if not given it directly by me)? 

I see room for abuse here to stop payments because all they have to do is put their own number or something down and just refuse to pay. Or, if they do see that number, they can require it then use it to harass the person later. 

I'd also like to see a sample transaction of this too. What does it appear as in the statement? Like payment from <your name> or payment from Popmoney?

"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."