Pet Peeves Regarding Terminology

Dragon

3 minutes ago, Elena said:

Yes, @Rune, it's the writer. And it annoys me too.

I... What? 

Okay... 

Apparently it's from "Mundane." People missed an opportunity for a Fables reference and call themselves Mundies.

Which fables? La Fontaine's? or Esop's?

Usually the term mun for writer is paired with pup/ puppet for character... and no character is a puppet. A figment of your imagination can be a real rounded character, not a puppet. Therefore I don't like these.

8 minutes ago, Elena said:

Which fables? La Fontaine's? or Esop's?

Usually the term mun for writer is paired with pup/ puppet for character... and no character is a puppet. A figment of your imagination can be a real rounded character, not a puppet. Therefore I don't like these.

Fables the comic series.

• I read this! 1

• Admin

@Rune a mun is short for a mundane or a normal person. Sort of like a muggle for the Harry Potter Genre.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• 4 years later...

I find myself cringing a lot when people use ‘orbs’ for eyes ( in all fairness I’ve come across this on human RP sites as well ), and there’s one for lips I saw recently that internally wigged me out — ‘brims’.

I’m not sure if they’re trying their hand at purple prose but I just want to be like: “It is perfectly ok to use ‘lips’, ‘eyes’ and / or ‘gaze’.” 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I recently had to go through my board and see when I mentioned 'play bys' and 'face claims' or PB and FC for short. I had been on tumblr the last 7 almost eight years so still use some of their terms when RPing on jcink. Apparently not everyone knows those two things are the same and its the most common one I get asked about. Funny thing, when I first joined tumblr RPs, I was getting the same questions as I was using forum RP terms that were vastly different on tumblr.

My pet peeve is not being an active partner. Not in terms of 'activity' or how many posts but when they're not a 'yes and-' writer. When someone decides they're going to write and ignore whatever you write if it interferes with what they want it often gives me a feeling of 'why am I here?'.

Valon