Hey-diddly-ho neighboreenos!

Frankerz

So I'm Frankie, I've been Rping since I was... 12?  Maybe 13?  And I'm 25 now, so that should give you an idea.  I've been on so many different kinds of sites - all Rp forums - that I couldn't begin to list them all, from original to fandom, fantasy to modern slice-of-life to sci-fi.  I think my favorites have always ended up being original fantasy sites, particularly high fantasy, with different races (whether they're elves and dwarves, or magic users and non-magic users) and a depth of lore to explore.  That was my main reason behind creating my own original site and filling it with enough lore to bring it to life without (hopefully) overwhelming newcomers.

I like venturing into new territory when I roleplay, whether it's literal and I'm exploring a new world or metaphorical and I'm exploring the depths of the human psyche.  Lately I've been venturing out of my comfort zone, trying to leave behind my typical (and, to be honest, two-dimensional) character archetypes and discover new approaches.  It can be hard to let go of half a lifetime of making characters I only loved because I would actually want to meet them and be friends with them in real life.  Going from that to crafting brutally real people is a challenge, and I'm loving it!  You can't improve if you don't go out on a limb!

Uhh, as for other hobbies and interests, I love reading (go figure) and am currently in the middle of the second book of the Temeraire series (so good!!)  I have an almost-5 year old daughter, so most of my hobbies include LEGOs, pretending to be a cat, lightsaber battles, and cleaning every waking moment of my life; in that vein: I hate cleaning.  I love animals, love both learning about them and befriending them - I have two cats now, but have had 3 others, as well as a bearded dragon, fire-bellied newt, baby lobster, five budgies, four fish, two mice, a garter snake, and a Cecropia moth larvae I grew into its adult form before releasing, on top of fostering yet another cat as well as two dogs :)  So yes, I'm an animal lover, hah.  I also love kids, have a job working with them all day, every day.  It's taxing, but rewarding, and I could see myself doing little else for work and being as happy as I am with my job.

Favorite color is yellow, favorite drink is a Monkey Business (think banana/pineapple smoothie, but alcoholic), favorite food is v. sushi (sweet potato tempura, specifically... mmm) and the newest, fanciest Beyond Meat burger!!

And I talk too damn much.

The End.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Hello @Frankerz welcome to the Initiative! Sounds like you have a menagerie just like @Rune

Enjoy your stay!

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

And @Morrigan I love your name!  Is it at all inspired by Morrigan from Dragon Age?

• Admin

It is not actually. Based on the goddess The Morrigu/The Morrigan actually.

@Dragon

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Welcome to the Initiative Frankie!! Always great to see another Temeraire fan :D

Welcome to the Initiative @Frankerz :) 

Find Another Way

Teen Wolf, 18+, 10 Years Later, Canons and Originals welcome!

@Rune @peregyr Temeraire is the bessssst!!  Best dragon books I've ever read.  I'm enamored.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! ^_^

• Operations Mod

Welcome aboard @Frankerz

I'm a fan of fantasy as well! Though these days I tend to lean towards dragons and modern fantasy settings when I play in them. 

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution