Unpopular opinions

Frizbee

3 hours ago, Mord Proxy said:

I love Discord for communicating with my friends/plotting with people, but when I admin'd before, having to constantly be present in the Discord server was a huge source of stress for me.

This. The expectation to be social in that group situation is so very draining and I resent that expectation.

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Preach it! 2

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

• 3 weeks later...

I think that there are too many pretty people being used as face claims. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

zootopia.gif

A relaxed, dark and gritty roleplay based on Disney's Zootopia. 

15 hours ago, Bishop said:

Someone else's fictional character is not yours. You are not entitled to them just because you have invested feelings into a story. I am seeing this on twitter right now with so many people upset over the way a TV show ended and like the hate....the hate is horrid, and it does remind me of the RP world in ways too.

You are not entitled to anyone's fictional work.

14 hours ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

Not sure how unpopular this one is, but the opposite of the above - Hollywood, it is NOT OKAY to completely change the stories us fans know and love and totally destroy canon. I'm looking at you, Fantastic Four remake.

It goes both ways really, suffice to say I've seen my share of creators and fans alike behaving badly. Whether it be toxic fans acting like they're entitled to getting content creators to do as they demand, as well as creators telling their critics to go fuck themselves.

Though generally creators that lash out at critics tend to suffer disproportionately greater backlash from the public, compared to fans acting all pushy and self-entitled. Can't say it's something I agree with.

29 minutes ago, Viscount Rhi-Rhi said:

God, all of this.

I am not ashamed to admit I fucking LOVE romance, and while it's not THE focus of my writing, it is A focus of my writing, and something that is fun and important to me! Does that mean every plot I do is romance-based? Pshaw, no, I love writing other, platonic relationships too, and get super excited about a good BFFs dynamic! And when I write romance, I don't like to pre-plan it because it doesn't feel natural to me--I like it to unfold organically. But all that said, most of my personal stories include romance, and I love RPing romance, so a TON of my threads have romance in them.

I'm also not ashamed to say I enjoy erotica, and like writing it, so if someone's down with that and I feel comfortable with them, then full steam ahead!

Another unpopular opinion: I don't care if people DO get their jollies off to the smut I write. Do I want them to tell me they got their jollies off to it? Unless they're my husband, not particularly, though I don't mind someone mentioning that they think something's hot. That's a compliment! xD However, the idea that someone, somewhere, is reading my smut and getting turned on by it? Doesn't bother me. I've seen other people mention that as something that genuinely concerns them, but for me, as someone who is gonna be publishing erotic short stories soon, I kind of hope people DO find it hot? Because that's the point. xD

When I write anything, my goal as a writer is to make people feel something. Laughter, humor, anger, upset, whatever! I hope the scenes I write, and the tones I write, and the characters I write, project something the reader can FEEL. If someone cries reading a sad scene, I've done my job! If someone feels genuine anger at my villain, props to me! If someone finds a sexy sex scene arousing, high five, me! So this is like, true of all things I write. I want people to feel things. If people don't, then I've fallen short.

^^^^ ALL OF IT. THANK YOU. 

Ad.png

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Anonymous said:

I do my research, but at the end of the day I write people, not embodied DSM manuals.

Anonymous poster hash: c078e...db7

And on a similar token, research is good and all but ultimately I am more concerned about making an honest effort to not come off as objectifying/demeaning/othering rather than 100% accuracy. I mean, it's not as if sci-fi was written by scientists for scientists, no? 

Edited by Lawman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zozma said:

At the same time, though... I don't think I have ever outright diagnosed any of my characters with anything. 

I have, do and will, especially if it fits with the theme of the character personality, history etc. I have two if they were sitting right in front of me during a clinical interview and assessment would be diagnosed, one with PTSD and the other with severe anxiety. 

Unpopular opinion:

Starbucks is disgusting and not real coffee. I hate overly excited members. They wear me out after working with overly excited children all day. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love Discord, and yet, chats kills forums by taking posting activity away from the OOC.

• Agree 1

Glub glub.