Unpopular opinions

Frizbee

Ghosting is not a crime. If you have been trying to communicate with your partner and they just don't speak the same language as you, so to speak, I don't blame anyone for ghosting. Even if this partner happens to be me.

• Agree 3

Shady McShaderson

11 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

Discord.

Call me an old fuddydud, but "back in mah day" Discord was for video gaming platforms like WoW and FFXIV, not RP forums. I still use Discord for raiding now and then, but even then it's not necessary depending upon the "guild." For RP forums, I find Discord to be unfriendly to guests be they potential members or admins on other sites needing to speak with that site's admin should they ever need to. Without an easy-to-join chat (whether Discord is visible on the forum itself or is just a link), it makes the site feel... colder? Distant? Less active? "Quiet on the cbox? Join us on Discord!" I see that almost everywhere. xD It's probably the #1 trend I really don't like, and it definitely falls under the "unpopular opinion" category at this point. For many people, it's like a requirement. For me? It's a requirement for a site not to have Discord. orz

Well, personally I have nothing against Discord as it's pretty much supplanted Skype as my go-to IM client. But one thing about Discord that irks me are the bunch of self-proclaimed "Discord RP Master Race". I.e. they'll preach about how Discord is the superior RPing platform compared to forums or social media, etc. It's better not because they prefer it, it's better cause it's inherently superior, etc. 

Like, Jeez, is this the PC Master Race thing all over again? 

Edited by Lawman
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lawman said:

Well, personally I have nothing against Discord as it's pretty much supplanted Skype as my go-to IM client. But one thing about Discord that irks me are the bunch of self-proclaimed "Discord RP Master Race". I.e. they'll preach about how Discord is the superior RPing platform compared to forums or social media, etc. It's better not because they prefer it, it's better cause it's inherently superior, etc. 

Like, Jeez, is this the PC Master Race thing all over again? 

I have no idea if this'll be a repeat of the pc master thing, lol. Honestly, one can't compare a chat RP to a forum RP (and it would be nice if those who preach superiority understood that). I started out on chat RPs and I loved them. I just happened to try out a forum after my favourite chat RPs shut down and decided it was a better fit for me. I've met people who would honestly fit better in a chat RP than a forum RP as well, yet had no idea at the time (maybe they do now?). So, as someone with both backgrounds and enjoyed both RPing mediums... they're really not comparable. They speak to different audiences. And you know what? That's fine.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I actually prefer forum rping. Always used to that i guess lol.

• Preach it! 3

I miss the 500000 Warrior Cat RPGs of the mid-2000's.

I know i'm supposed to be happy that fad has faded but I do miss it.

Edited by ReDRidingHood
  • LOL 2

• 4 weeks later...

I do not like when people obsess over their characters and call them their "babies"... It is a bit cringe inducing, but if you do it more power to you.  I just am not a fan of it myself and am not the sort of RPer who gets obsessed over their characters on any site since I don't tend to stay on sites for long. 

I don't avoid these people at all as many of my closest friends are obsessive toward their characters plots, romance, etc. 

Anonymous poster hash: ae500...96a

• Agree 2
  • Love 1

I like kpop faces. 

• Cheers 1

Reality is an illusion. 

18 hours ago, Zozma said:

I like kpop faces. 

I didn't know this was an unpopular opinion? 😮 I haven't seen much hate for kpop FCs moreso than the kpop fandom itself. 

• Agree 1

There's a couple of toxic places on the net you don't want to see then. >.>

They're racist af.

Edited by Zozma

Reality is an illusion. 

First off, I'd like to add that I do not tolerate or condone abuse or bullying in any way, shape or form. But that being said, I also believe in shared responsibilities between both sides, rather than piling all the blame onto one party or the other. Like, who's to say that the victim of the abuse isn't at times simply asking for it? I.e. if one joins an online community (be it a forum, Discord server, or Facebook group) and starts publicly expressing views and opinions that aren't welcomed/tolerated by the community at large - i.e. a conservative amongst liberals or vice-versa, an atheist among religious devouts or vice-versa, and so on so forth - should they be surprised if they find themselves on the receiving end of much ridicule and mockery? Like sure, being an asshole is not cool... but at the same time, there are also those people who seemed to be asshole magnets that always bring out the worst in others due to their unparalleled talent for putting their feet into their mouths whenever they speak.

Edited by Lawman
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Zozma said:

There's a couple of toxic places on the net you don't want to see then. >.>

They're racist af.

Oooh, yeah... then again I don't seek this site out anymore at all. I've not been a fan of that site since 2008-2009 when i was a dumb high schooler. 

3 hours ago, Lawman said:

First off, I'd like to add that I do not tolerate or condone abuse or bullying in any way, shape or form. But that being said, I also believe in shared responsibilities between both sides, rather than piling all the blame onto one party or the other. Like, who's to say that the victim of the abuse isn't at times simply asking for it? I.e. if one joins an online community (be it a forum, Discord server, or Facebook group) and starts publicly expressing views and opinions that aren't welcomed/tolerated by the community at large - i.e. a conservative amongst liberals or vice-versa, an atheist among religious devouts or vice-versa, and so on so forth - should they be surprised if they find themselves on the receiving end of much ridicule and mockery? Like sure, being an asshole is not cool... but at the same time, there are also those people who seemed to be asshole magnets that always bring out the worst in others due to their unparalleled talent for putting their feet into their mouths whenever they speak.

If it's reality I may handle it differently, and honestly I'd not blame the victim for snapping finally. if it were a real life bullying situation, anyway.  I have been bullied before in real life and snapped. Sadly if my memory serves the bully didn't even get in any trouble and it was all put on me for 'fighting back'. :/  If it was someone in your situation I'd say they asked for it honestly but I don't tolerate people being attacked as I have been attacked before without even doing anything wrong on a forum/chat room/whatever.

Edited by Monaca
  • Love 1

I don't give a single damn about (western) superheroes, including their movies and comics. (And RL non-animated movies in general although I watched old ones like HP, LotR etc.)

Edited by Gota
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 2

2055148134_EOHbanner.png.530f7a6856f7b2fd0b4861da17014318.png

I find it weird that when it comes to media preferences, society as a whole has some rather arbitrary double standards when it comes to judging people for the media they consume. Like, why is it that one can play GTA games (where y'know, one can assault and murder random civilians with impunity and fight the police for the lulz) without being seen as potential psycho killer, yet they can't enjoy a series like say, Strike Witches or Lucky Star without being seen as a potential pedophile or sexual predator? 

Anonymous poster hash: 3351b...dbd

• Like 3
  • Preach it! 1