Greetings

webs

Hello! My name is Webs, and while I've had an account on Initiative for a while, I never really looked at the forum before today, which I'm already regretting because there are some great discussions out there.

I've been roleplaying since I was about 8/9, so over a decade now - plenty of years of experience growing as a writer. My favourite roleplay genres are Harry Potter and Marvel, both of which I'm actively a part of in AU groups. I've actually roleplayed in most mediums - email, chat, forum, Twitter, Facebook, chatrooms... even Goodreads.

I read too many books to pick a favourite, and my favourite movie is constantly changing (this year I'd say it's between Kong: Skull Island and Logan). Does anybody really have a favourite genre? I find it incredibly difficult to recognise the genre of a song, and my favourite songs are all over the place since I primarily pick songs that reflect my characters, or have a catchy beat.

Ha... who needs other interest/hobbies when you have roleplaying...? ... ok, I'm a pretty casual gamer, and I adore learning about creatures, whether real or mythical. I also dabble a little in graphics - definitely not good graphics, but I'm working on it. I procrastinate replies by playing Town of Salem most days as well, something I really do need to stop. This summer, I started coding, something I'm working on only for purposes of having a little more organisation with my characters and threads really.

I've been in roleplays where, to signify that you've read the rules, you have to give your favourite colour. Mine would probably be gold.

So, hello again, and I look forward to interacting with discussions and so forth on Initiative.

• Admin

Well officially welcome to the Initiative @webs we're glad to have you. Kong: Skull Island was a really nice to watch movie however I was not a fan of Logan.... I've actually found most Wolverine movies suck come to think of it.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

@MorriganThank you! You know, I've never liked any of the Wolverine movies at all... until Logan. I think it kind of symbolises the start of the Fox X-Men movies taking risks and spreading out from their kind of typical superhero format - with New Mutants being a horror movie next too. Of course it could just be me liking that it finally felt like Hugh Jackman was playing Wolverine for the first time.

• LOL 1

• Admin

I can see that a little but I think the bad guys in this one were just boring... the fight scenes were meh but I do agree that Wolverine felt as bad ass as he should have always been. @webs

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

@Morrigan Oh, on villains I can agree there. I loved Pierce but it wasn't quite as... good when it came to that. It was more of an emotional story than a (physical) conflict story, I suppose. The big fight scene wasn't awful, but it didn't feel like they were as much of a threat as they should be, considering their job, and the powers they dealt with from kids. Ah well. Hopefully New Mutants can handle the horror genre better.

• Agree 1

Yaaaay, Kong! I love that movie -- never thought I'd be into kong, I'm more of a giant lizard fan xD. Anyway, welcome to the Initiative! It's a great community here; open,  relaxed, inspiring. :D

Thanks, @SithLordOfSnark! Glad to be here. 

@Phear Lap same here! I actually really enjoyed the newest Godzilla (haven't watched the latest Gojira though), but Kong was better than it, which was really surprising for me. Looking forward to the next movie in the series though. Thank you!

• I read this! 1