Uh, hi! /wave

SeekingRuin

I'm the nervous, shy sort but presently AOL has given me the middle finger in terms of reaching out to people, so meh. Here I am dipping my toe into waters that terrify me. I tend to ramble aimlessly so I will use the prompts and try to KISS. 

• How long have you been RPing? - 25+ years, always on AOL and a bit in MMOs though with my novelistic and generally adult/mature themes this never worked out well.
  • What are your favorite RP genres? Medieval Fantasy, Modern Realism, Modern Fantasy. 
  • How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)? Chat is my favorite, but there are occasions I will do e-mail, or private message on forums. I'm too into my self for open RPs most days.
  • What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)? My favorite book is, Dark Heart: Book 1 of Dragon's Disciple (It was written by Margret Weis and her son David Baldwin and sadly the second and third books were never written because David died while writing the second story and Ms. Weis said he was the driving force behind it, and I am sad for her.)
  • What other interest/Hobbies do you have? I am an obligate gamer. Currently I play: Guild Wars 2, Heroes of the Storm, Diablo 3, Sims 4, Skyrim, and when I can afford it I sub to World of Warcraft.
  • What's your favorite color? I love all colors, almost equally.
  • What's your favorite drink? Coffee

There, that wasn't so hard. Thanks all for reading and I look forward to getting involved in the community if I can, not sure where to start, i'm quiet.

"When you think all is forsaken, listen to me now, you need never to feel broken again. Sometimes darkness can show you the light."

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @SeekingRuin You'll find that we here are very welcoming so no worries about being shy. Only a few of us bite... Like @Dragon

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

7 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Welcome to the Initiative @SeekingRuin You'll find that we here are very welcoming so no worries about being shy. Only a few of us bite... Like @Dragon

Ah. Well thanks =D I am horribly message board inept, and I tend to do things I don't mean to, break rules or not read enough rules. I find places like this so confusing, so it makes me nervous. I never want to upset people, or do something wrong inadvertently. 

"When you think all is forsaken, listen to me now, you need never to feel broken again. Sometimes darkness can show you the light."

• Admin

We have pretty easy to understand rules @SeekingRuin most of them are very common sense and we work with people that actually want to learn so don't worry about it.

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Well, that is good to know, like seriously. I've been on some sites recently that blocked/banned me because I didn't read some obscure line in a thread I couldn't even find. It was sad and nerve wracking. I'm not ready for this world, and I miss AOL's simplicity.

Welcome @SeekingRuin! What country are you from? This is something you forgot to say in your introduction. I am from the country producing vampires, and I have just eaten garlic tonight...

• LOL 1

• Admin

"You'll do fine here. If you ever have a question just use the Ask us and e'll point you in the right direction. <3 We try not to be obscure and it's really just bad form to ban people for trying. As long as you're honest with us we'll take care of you.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

@Elena I didn't know my country was relevant, haha. I am from the USA currently.

• I read this! 1

I generally think it is relevant for whom a person is. I am Romanian, 49 years old, economist, married. I love foreign languages, as well as reading and writing historical fiction. I think this is a snapshot of myself :) . And yes, I have been asked if I am a vampire :P Neither Vlad the Impaler was one, for the record...

@Elena Fair enough! I am 31, Panromantic Asexual, Female from Colorado USA. I am disabled, and I love my mountains. I think Romania is a pretty cool place. Writing and gaming are my main passions in life as I cannot work, and the USA is notorious for its bad healthcare system.

@Rune There might be, but I don't really do well with non-Original settings, plots, ideas. I mostly RP'd when I was younger on games, besides the type of content I write I would get banned for anyway, lol.

• I read this! 1

• Admin
35 minutes ago, Elena said:

I generally think it is relevant for whom a person is. I am Romanian, 49 years old, economist, married. I love foreign languages, as well as reading and writing historical fiction. I think this is a snapshot of myself :) . And yes, I have been asked if I am a vampire :P Neither Vlad the Impaler was one, for the record...

I will add this to the questionnaire.

• I read this! 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Hi and welcome, ruin! I'm also a very quiet and shy type, although I can be talkative when I warm up. I'm sure you'll love it here!

• I read this! 2
  • Preach it! 1
Find me on my sites!
The Next Incantation :: The Last Island

@Cyn =D Aye I am the same. Talkative to a fault if I am comfy. Getting there is the challenge though! So far, so good otherwise. Thanks a bunch! 

@SithLordOfSnark Yoo, thanks =)