SMF THEMES?

Huskerdust

So the person I got the most help from regarding themes (skins) for my sites has retired from the whole thing and the other person (my husband) pretty much just edits existing things. lol So I was wondering, does anybody have any recommendations for SMF skinners? Willing to pay money for a fully customized theme. Thanks!

Reality is an illusion. 

• Admin

It's been a while and I rage because I hate SMF but I can do SMF skinning personally.

Otherwise, off the top of my head I don't know any, no.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

When I looked into using SMF, I found the themes were very old and had not been kept up with the recent software. It was one of the reasons why I decided not to bother using it.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Icewolf said:

When I looked into using SMF, I found the themes were very old and had not been kept up with the recent software. It was one of the reasons why I decided not to bother using it.

Zozma is a long time SMF user and advocate.

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Yeah it’s hard to find good skins for it. I’d switch software but as Morrigan pointed out, I’m a long time user. I like everything else about it but ugh skins!

edit: @Morrigan do you have any SMF samples?

Edited by Zozma

Reality is an illusion. 

• Admin

I don't have anything recent @Zozma

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

I also do them, and I have absolutely nothing else to do, so I can get it done within a day or two. I just have absolutely no inspiration anymore so I need an idea of what you want, and I can alter more or less every user-facing template in the dang thing. Unfortunately my most recent stuff is on a live board, I can get screenshots later, if you're interested.

Just thought I'd mention, I know Morr's busy and doesn't like SMF anyway.

• I read this! 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

@Arceus The premise is basically Gravity Falls and Eerie, Indiana: it's a small town with paranormal elements. Currently, we're using a recolored DzinerStudio theme with edits but it's too generic and I feel doesn't show the premise of the site.  

As for design ideas, I attached a REALLY bad sketchy idea of what I had in mind for the index part at least. I'm actually fine with the mini profiles we're using but want to change the profiles around a bit as well. Don't currently have a sketch for that. Color ideas also attached (it's set in Oregon so it's the Oregon sky). 

starstuff26.15.png

9232366531_d1efa1d465_b.jpg

IMG_6185.JPG

Edited by Zozma

Reality is an illusion. 

Alrighty. I'm assuming this is for Bulletproof? And if you know what you want for the profile layout and stuff, throw me that whenever you get that out, I'll also need to know the keys for your custom fields, because SMF only allows you to display them individually by key, or all at once in an auto list, and the latter won't work for most profile arrangements. Do you want it dark or in between?

I'll be coding this on my test board, it's got no mods in it except the Battle Suite, so it should work fine but may need certain mods tossed back into the templates to work unless you wanna toss me a mod list, too.

Feel free to just PM me or hmu on Discord, and I'm currently dying of pain the last few days, so, may be slow.

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

All right, PMed you.

Reality is an illusion.