That one RP you can't get out of your head...

Richard Castle

For me, it's probably a site that no longer exists. I think about it off and on, along with the memories I created there. The site was called Poisonwood, and it was about medieval werewolves. It was glorious. Of course, I was a "noob" back then, but I knew how to crank out those posts. That was back when I actually had muse and could consistently crank out 500+ word posts and was even on a site that had a minimum of 800+ words. There was another site I was on (also on Proboards, surprise surprise, amirite?) that was called Valkyrie.

It was set in California and even though I felt entirely out of my element on that site, they welcomed me all the same. I believe they moved to Jcink and have since died but I could be wrong on the latter. Regardless, the point of this thread was for the community to reflect on sites that they miss, wish had continued on, and even sites that never made it off the ground, for whatever reason. Now that I'm thinking about it, I could go on for days and days, but I won't bore you much more, other than to say that Archwood was another site with a great concept that didn't last nearly long enough. In one fashion or another, I miss all of my sites, but certain ones certainly stand out more than others. It was thanks to Archwood that I learned colorful language like douchenozzle. Come to think of it, pretty sure another site I was on used more colorful language, but I can't recall the name... I think it may have been something like Cherrywood, perhaps? 

The running joke is that I have a thing for wood.

• I read this! 2
  • Love 2

I can't give you the white picket fence, and if I did, you'd set it on fire.

• Operations Mod
4 hours ago, Richard Castle said:

The site was called Poisonwood, and it was about medieval werewolves

Poisonwood was my site! Omg its wonderful to hear that it left a lasting impression on someone. I've always regretted having to let that one go. What was your screen name back then? 

• I read this! 2
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

On 12/4/2017 at 11:42 PM, Dragon said:

Poisonwood was my site! Omg its wonderful to hear that it left a lasting impression on someone. I've always regretted having to let that one go. What was your screen name back then? 

I believe it may have been Brenda? Or StrychnineCyanide? I BELIEVE I used Anna Kendrick (not very medieval, I know, lol) and my table template had the quote "she's a sin worth believing." xP

I can't give you the white picket fence, and if I did, you'd set it on fire.

Haha, it definitely doesn't exist for me - I used to roleplay on a Pokemon fansite with a bunch of other people, and we roleplayed an 'Eeveelution Clan'.  It was really fun at the time - we were just kids - but of course, it dissipated when we all started to grow up.  Still think about it sometimes, though! (: 

Souls_400x100_01.jpg

'souls | no wc | character-driven | werecanines | open & active since 2001!

• Admin

It's an old site I used to run for about 5 years. It was my favorite storyline ever. It was Knights of Cydonia.

Futuristic dystopia post apocalypse in a desert world. Loads of fun.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• 1 month later...

Mine was one of the first role plays I'd ever done, during my High School days. About a group of elemental magic wielding characters and an elf. I'm sure there was more to it, but I can't remember anything other than the warm fuzzies it gives me when I think back on it.

Places you can find me at.

A Play by Post V5 VTM RP

sister-site.png.68d0a6b60fc4e963bee0749be8f8c22f.png

I was part of a Shin Megami Tensei site probably 10 years ago, I think it was called 100 Masks or maybe 1000 Masks. Anyway! It had an amazing premise that made it possible to play canons all across the SMT fandoms and the group was just hella fun to write with. We even had this hilarious AU going on with the characters attending kindergarten. I still think about it these days, even though it was a decade ago. 

Edited by Zozma

Reality is an illusion. 

I have several rps I can't get out of my head, but I'll just stick to two.

The first is the very first forum I ever role-played on, my segue from Neopets.  I had pretty much no idea what I was doing, and didn't know how to get threads, so I would just pick up wanted character after wanted character and hope something would give.  It wasn't a great experience, but I really learned a lot.

The second is a one-on-one medieval fantasy rp.  It was actually on Neopets and grew organically out of a thread I'd done.  My partner and I must have written together every night for two years.  A while later, we tried rebooting it, but it was never the same.  It was just one of those rare times when you and your partner are on the same writing wavelength.

My first forum RP was a WW2-one. It had all your regular threads with soldiers interacting, or civilians, on all fronts other than Japan. There were battles with tactics and it involved some very intense friendships and of course, some sworn enemies. No fancy layouts, just tiny little icons for avatars, it was the content that mattered.

It made me learn a whole lot about that part of history and it made my derpy writing so much better, too. I still think fondly of those boards, those were some good times... Good times.

• I read this! 1
  • Like 1

oUIk3c.gif

Devil's Tattoo - Clan politics, bikers, urban legends, cougars, wolves, coyotes, badgers and more...

Mine was a Marvel based board, made nearly seventeen years ago when I was an RP fledgling. Some of the people I RP with today started out on that same board (sometimes we don't even recognize each other until that board is mentioned!), and it's always fun to reminisce about it.

Mine is an original roleplay, the one that got me started in fact. The setting was unique, fun, the players fantastic and the creator is a friend of mine who convinced me to start writing. She's a published romance novelist now and I couldn't be more proud of her. 

I'm not sure if it was my FIRST, but it certainly had the most impact on my life, since I have remaining friends from the site.  It was basically a large umbrella game, and it had sub-sections.  one for equines, one for wolves, human, dragon, ermm... might have been some others. I only really stuck to the wolves and the humans.  It broadened my range and interactions with others, which really helped my writing back then.  And it's the only game for which I've still got... mmmm... 4 friends?  We're talking... almost 15 years later.

Another is a site i helped run... with a friend from Canada (also still friends with oddly enough)  it was an original rpg and had a TON of content, supernatural critters and based mainly in the sci-fi world.  We (She and I) had run another game together too, but i don't recall much of that one.  Still friends with her as well actually. 

While the games are no longer around/active, they've stuck in my head because of the lasting connections I've made thru them.

I did this amazing 1x1 that lasted for a good solid 3 or 4 years that followed a detective who accidentally discovered the horror/fantasy world while trying to solve a series of murders. I miss it all the time. It was glorious.

tumblr_ovxhy4cZLY1wtsmmno3_r1_100.jpg

Mine was a real life small town site.  It wasn't the first RP I was part of but it was the first one I made.  I still play a character from that site because I am very attached to that character.  The RP was a lot of fun and mostly I miss the other people that were a part of it.

Profile graphics by @Lirschen

Mine was a LOT of years ago now -coughNOTOLDcough-  It was the one that introduced me to the world of collaborative writing online and it was based on the

ill-fated ship Titanic. It was back in the days of 'One List' that become something else and then finally Yahoo Group and was played via an email list. Back when you could write an OPEN thread and end up with 10 individual replies to it lol  I love the history of that time and I've been a Titanic buff for years (way before the Cameron Movie). I recently went to a Titanic Exhibition and it brought back a lot of memories from the time that RPG was around and super active.

5a691fb4de413_advertisingbanner_rpginitiativeTS.png.699678f5663abf3c750d133673768a18.png

Plot | Rules | Canons | Wanted | Advertising